The Escape

PHOENIX POV

Facemaker opened the door and poked his head out. "Hey, is that updog?"

"What's updog?" A guard asked in confusion.

"Not much. Just living my best life over here. Not like I'm totally up to no good or anything." Facemaker made a suspicious face before backing into the room.

We all got into positions and when the guards came through, Missy said, "So don't ask us how we know this, but aliens are about to attack, and we're no longer safe here."

"This place is a fortress. Nothing's getting in. And I'm afraid no one's getting out, either." The first guard reassured. "Those are the rules."

"Oof! Then we're definitely getting out of here, and so we're going to need your access cards. Like, now." Missy said back. 

The guards laughed and the first guard asked, "And, uh, you think we'll just hand these to you?"

"No, but it would have made this a whole lot easier." Missy told them. "Cushions." 

Wildcard, Facemaker, and Noodles each brought a cushion over and laid it in front of each of the guards. 

"What are these for?" The first guard asked.

"Tell 'em, Gups." I smirked.

Guppy stepped forward and said in a cute but intimidating voice, "To protect your butts when you hit the ground." 

"Why don't you get back in line?" The guard told Guppy.

Guppy grabbed his arm and flipped him over onto the cushion.

"Oh no!" Guppy grabbed the second guard and flipped him onto the ground as well. "She's got shark strength!"

I leaned over to Acapella. "She's Sharkboy's daughter and is in control of water. Are they really that dumb?" Acapella shrugged, but I saw a smile tug on the corners of her mouth. 

Guppy kicked another guard and he landed on a swing. "Have a nice nap." Guppy waved. 

The third guard ran forward but Noodles grabbed him around the chest. Noodles flung the guard to the ground and he fell in pain, grabbing the guard's keycard in the process. Noodles the grabbed the keycards from the two other guards. The third guard inched towards the emergency button while Missy said,

"Aliens really are about to attack, so we'll have to leave your expert care until you and Miss Granada know what we know." An alarm blared throughout the room as the guard slammed his hand against the button. Gates blocked the exits. 

"This was a bad idea." Fast Forward told Missy. 

"Wheels, next time the happens, don't let the guard reach the alarm. Noodles, you'll take his jacket and cuff them." Missy instructed.

"What next time?" The first guard asked in confusion. "You kids aren't..." But he was cut off by a rattling coming from the vent. 

All heads turned to look at the vent as a pair of tentacles burst through. "I told you your plan wouldn't work!"

I saw the tentacles reach for Wildcard and, putting all feelings aside, threw a fireball at the slimy creature. The creature roared and grabbed me around the middle. The tentacles were slimy and I was impressed that it had such a firm hold. There were yells from the kids, Acapella loudest among the rest. "No, Faye!!"

"Rewind, send us back." Missy ordered. 

Rewind twirled his arms and the next thing I knew, Acapella was clinging onto me in a death grip. I experienced deja vu as I heard Missy say, "So we will have to leave your expert care until you and Miss Granada know what we know."