Appointing a Leader

PHOENIX POV

"Well," I heard Wildcard start talking, "That was a disaster."

"That was awesome." Rewind corrected him.

"I'm so exhausted." Noodles complained. 

I heard A Capella's voice waver again and felt the full weight of the tram for a moment. There was no way I could keep this in the air for long alone. The tram wobbled up and down slightly, making the rest of the group scream. 

"Guys...I'm running...out of..." A Capella wheezed.

"Breath!" Wildcard finished for her. "We get it." 

"What do we do?" Facemaker asked.

"Don't look at me, I'm done." Noodles announced. 

"We need to find a place to hide." Wheels decided.

"The Heroics are locked in an alien ship." Fast Forward reminded the group.

"Not all of them." Missy spoke up.

"You know this how?" Wildcard sassed. "You know, it's nice to be able to be snarky without someone hitting me." 

"May I remind you," I told him through gritted teeth, "That the someone that you speak of is keeping this tram in the air?" 

I heard someone get up and stumble. I then felt A Capella leave my side. "Do you think you can get us over here?" Missy asked. 

The tram shook more violently than before as more screams sounded from the group. "Okay! Okay! Okay!" Missy cried. 

"What's over there that's so important?" Wildcard asked.

"Well, you see, my..." But another violent jolt cut Missy off from explaining her plan. 

"Okay, this is bad. This is really, really bad." Wheels exclaimed. 

"Five to one says we die a fiery death." I heard Facemaker tell someone. 

"You're on!" Noodles answered.

"You can do it, A Capella! Come on, Phoenix!" The group encouraged. 

"Come on, a little more." Wheels said. 

Then, suddenly, A Capella stopped singing and I felt the full weight of the tram. A Capella cleared her throat before saying, "Does anyone have a lozenge?" I heard people slap their foreheads, but all that I knew was that I was the only one holding the tram up in the air. I felt my body shake for a few moments before I felt dizzy. The next thing I knew, darkness closed in and I passed out.

A CAPELLA POV

I watched Faye violently shake as she strived to hold the tram. She lasted about 5 seconds by herself before she fell to the ground. Panic engulfed me as I ran to her side. Well, more like fell, because once Faye fell, the tram had started to fall.

The tram fell through the sky until it crashed into someone's gazebo. The owner came out of their house and yelled, "My begonias! Get out of my flower bed, you little termites!"

Missy pulled herself to her feet and said, "Hi, Abuelita!"

"Ah! Ah, Missy! Come and say hello to your grandma!"

"Guppy, can you make ice?" I asked Guppy.

She shook her head and said, "No, but I can control the temperature of the water." She drank some water and put it in Faye's shirt.

Her eyes fluttered open and she groaned before shrieking, "Oh, my God! That's cold!" I giggled and hugged her. "Thanks, Guppy."

"I'm sorry. I should have pushed a bit harder." I told her.

"It's ok." She smiled slightly and shakily got to her feet. But instead of walking, she hovered. "I use less energy flying." She explained. 

I nodded as she flew out of the window. "Thank you, Guppy."

PHEONIX POV

I flew out of the window, head still slightly spinning, over to Missy and the rest of the group.

"No way!" Noodles cried. "Missy, your grandmother's Anita Moreno?"

Rewind jumped next to Missy's grandma and exclaimed, "The trainer of the Heroics?"

Facemaker came next. "She's a legend."

"No, you have to be dead to be a legend, honey." Mrs. Moreno roasted him. She hugged Missy, "Oh, mi amor." She let go and her face went stoic again. "I'm alive and well, which is more than I can say for my gazebo, hmm?"

"Sorry." A Capella and I said. 

"We're in trouble, Grandma, and we need a place to hide." Missy explained.

"To hide? You're gonna need to do a lot more than that." Anita Moreno pointed up into the sky and continued, "That thing is moving into position."

"She's right." Wheels agreed. "We only have two hours left. Won't be long until the takeover begins."

"Everybody, get inside. Come, come." Anita ordered. 

We all made our way inside and she closed the doors behind us. 

She led us to her kitchen and gave us all lemonade. As she handed Missy her cup, Rewind continued the conversation about us fighting. "But we're children."

"Yes, the children of the Heroics. If anyone is gonna save the world, it's you, because all of you have superpowers." Anita reminded us.

"Super lame powers." Facemaker whined. 

"Speak for yourself." Wildcard smirked.

"Okay, Johnny Random." Rewind snipped, making me snigger.

"Hmm...this is no way to be a super team." Anita told us in disappointment.

"Abuelita's right." Missy said, standing up. "Aliens are about to invade, and if we want to rescue our parents and save the planet, we're going to need to do it now."

"Are you saying that..." A Capella started, "We can be superheroes?"

"Well, yeah." Missy said. "I guess that kind of is what I'm saying." Missy sat back down. 

"We can be heroes just for one day." A Capella sang, making the whole table groan. I patted her shoulder and said, "not now."

"Sorry, it was there for the taking."

"I need you all to maximize your powers." Anita encouraged. 

"I just spent every ounce that I have right now." I complained.

"Grandma, I've been trying to do that my whole life, so if you have any ideas, I'm all ears." Wildcard said. At the same time, Facemaker moved behind him and gave Wildcard huge ears, making the rest of us laugh and Wildcard to turn around in frustration. 

"It's not about who is the strongest or fastest. It's about working together, and that's why we'll need someone to be the leader." 

Wildcard raised his hand and said, "That would be me."

"I was actually talking about Missy, but thank you." Dang, Anita was on a roll today. "Follow me!" Everyone got out of their chair and followed her. Wildcard was annoyed and Missy was downright in shock as they too stood up. "Quickly. Quickly! Fast. Fast!"

"But I'm the leader!" Wildcard said in slight anger.

"He's right, and I'm totally okay with that." Missy desperately said, not wanting to be the leader.

"Well, I'm not. and we don't have time to argue." Anita said in finality.  "So, what I say goes."

"Yes, ma'am." 

"Wildcard has manners?" I whispered jokingly to A Capella. "Well I'd never have guessed."

A Capella giggled at that. I love her giggles. I only wish that she felt that way too.

"Hmm. Welcome to my training ground." Anita said. the backyard didn't look much like a training ground, but that didn't last long. Gears started moving and soon, the backyard looked like a real training ground. "Let's boogie."

"Let the training begin." I muttered with a smirk.