Chapter 3

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Plan's POV

Bbbrrrnnngggggg!!!

I bolted out of bed and shut my alarm.

I took a quick shower after my morning rituals.

I took great care to look my best. I wanted to give a good first impression on Mr. Vihokratana.

I had tried to get some information about Mr. Vihokratana from Marc the HR staff who took my photo for my company ID but I couldn't get much out of Marc. He seemed more interested in talking about himself than about Mr. Vihokratana.

A/N: The image above does not belong to me

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

For those who might not know him, his name is Marc Pahun Jiyacharoen. He played a supporting role in the series "Never too Late".

Marc said that he did not plan to stay stuck in Mr. Chittanant's newspaper company. He was taking photography lessons on the side because he wanted to be a professional photographer someday. And not just locally. He wanted to be an internationally known photographer. He planned to make it big in the world of photography. He wanted to be rich and famous.

But right now in the short term, he was planning to get Mr. Chittanant's approval to accompany me during my field reporting and take photos while I interviewed my subjects.

I remember having to look more attentively at Marc because I had not been paying much attention to him. I was intent only on getting my photo ID done and getting more information on Mr. Vihokratana. Was he a strict supervisor? Was he a perfectionist? Did he have unreasonably high standards? Did he make unreasonable demands on his subordinates?

Yeah, like I said, I couldn't get much information from Marc. At the end of our interaction Marc was more intent on asking me if I wanted to hang out with him after work hours. He would treat me to an early dinner. I did not flat out turn him down. I said, maybe another time. I ignored the look of disappointment on his face.

I almost crashed into another car that was pulling out of the company parking lot. I had been in a big hurry and had made a wide turn. I winced at the loud honk that the motorist gave me.

"Over here," the receptionist pointed to the machine close to her counter at the lobby when she noticed me turning around and around looking for it.

"Thank you," I said and rushed to the machine and inserted my company badge into the slit.

After I did so, I gave my thanks once more to the receptionist.

"You're the new field reporter, aren't you?" she asked.

"Yes," I replied, extending my hand to her. "My name is Plan. What's yours?"

"Stella," she responded, accepting my proffered hand and shaking it firmly.

"I was instructed by Mr. Phiravich to accompany you to Mr. Vihokratana's office," Stella said, stepping out from behind her counter to walk with me to the elevator.

"Who will man the counter while you're not there?" I asked.

"My assistant Kannika will take over," she replied.

I looked back at the counter and noticed a pretty young lady already seated behind the counter where Stella had been when I first came into the lobby. She noticed me staring at her. She waved at me with a pretty smile, her long eyelashes fluttering rapidly.

I waved back, my collar feeling slightly warm. Was I blushing? Dammit, I blush so easily.

Soon the elevator took us to the third floor.

When it opened we were met by the sound of conversations going on from all around the room. It was a wide open space with desks in every corner. At the end of the floor was a door with the name of Mr. Vihokratana on a gold plated rectangular metal stuck to the door.

"That's his office," Stella said pointing to the door. "Good luck."

"Wait," I tried to say to Stella but she had already turned around and was making her way quickly back to the elevator.

I would have wanted Stella to accompany me inside Mr. Vihokratana's office and introduce me to him.

Oh well... here goes nothing...