Chapter 20

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Mean's POV

I had already chosen the psycho thriller "The Secret Window" and was getting ready to play it on my TV screen when Plan received a video call.

Dammit, it was Chao calling him to invite him to spend the day in the park with him.

To add to my annoyance and frustration, I overheard Plan accepting Chao's invitation.

I had to interrupt the conversation.

"Plan!" I found myself yelling at him. "Why did you agree to join him for a picnic when you have already agreed to spend this day and tonight with me?"

"Oh!" Plan looked guilty enough as he turned to me, placing the phone behind him. "I am just going to spend a few minutes with him and then I will ask him to bring me back here. Is that okay?"

I shook my head, unable to believe what I was hearing.

"You're actually asking me if it's okay??? Of course it's not okay!!!" I had not realized that I had raised my voice until I saw Plan covering his ears with both hands on either side of his head.

He ran to the front door, opened it and ran out without bothering to close the door after him.

I ran out after him.

"Plan! Where are you going?" I asked, increasing my speed in order to catch up with him.

"I'm leaving you!" he yelled while never losing speed in his running. "Don't ever yell at me again! I hate you!"

I managed to catch up with him and grabbed him by the wrist, pinning him to the nearest wall to make him listen to me.

"Plan, I'm sorry for yelling at you," I said breathlessly.

We were both breathing hard from the exertion of running.

"I didn't mean to yell at you," I said in between taking in gasps of air. "Please forgive me, Plan, I won't do it again."

He was frowning and pouting at me.

A/N: The image above does not belong to me

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

"You promise?" he asked.

"I promise, cross my heart," I said and without stopping to think I planted a kiss on his lips to seal my promise.

"Plan?" we heard Chao's voice on Plan's phone.

Oh shit, Plan had forgotten all about the video call from Chao.

"Um ... um ... " Plan stammered into his phone. "Can I take a rain check?"

"Why can't you join me today?" I heard Chao asking. "You agreed to join me for a picnic just a few seconds ago."

"I'm ... I'm ..." Plan was trying to say when Chao interrupted him with, "It's going to be very lonely having a picnic in the park all by myself. The people passing by will be looking at me and throwing sympathy glances at me."

Plan looked at me, his face looking very undecided and looking as if he would change his mind on me any minute.

I shook my head and my index finger at him and then put both arms together to form a big X to tell him silently that he had to put his foot down and say a big NO to Chao.