Chapter 24

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Chao's POV

"Yes, sir," my lobby receptionist clerk immediately took my call.

"Hi, Stella, did you notice if Plan has come in yet?" I asked.

I had just finished talking to Tay, Plan's immediate supervisor, and he had mentioned that Plan had not reported to him yet.

"He has just clocked in," Stella informed me. "He is on his way to the elevator now."

"Thanks, sweetheart," I said, placing my desk phone back in its receiver.

I glanced at my wrist watch. It was six minutes past eight. Plan was six minutes late.

I didn't let employees' tardiness bother me. Their pay corresponded directly to their work time, computed up to the minute. I didn't have that seven minute before or after official clock in allowance, so employees who wanted to get sufficient work pay did their best to clock in on time.

I gave Tay a call.

"Hey," I said. "I just found out that Plan is on his way up to report to you."

"Okay," Tay said.

"Before you give him any assignments to cover, let him come to my office," I instructed him.

"Sure," Tay said.

I logged into my desk computer and scanned through the latest entertainment industry news. There was not much going on except for news about a fan's car chasing after the car of the main actor of the series KinnPorsche after a fan meeting. The actor's car had narrowly missed crashing into another car because of trying to avoid the fans.

Maybe I could send Plan to the building of the agency that the actor worked for and get their management's opinions or ideas on how they planned to improve security for their actors.

I heard a soft knock on my door.

"Come in," I called out.

Plan walked in with a bright "Good morning" and it was all I could do to keep my helpless heart from doing several flips around my chest.

"How are you doing this morning, Plan?" I asked, trying my best to keep my voice on an even tone.

"I'm doing just fine," he replied, still with that cheery smile that told me he was more than ready to face his work day. "Tay told me that you wanted me to report to you first thing this morning."

"He's right," I confirmed. "I wanted to be the one to give you this special assignment."

"And what is it?" he asked.

"Did you watch the news last night?" I asked.

"No, I didn't," he replied. "I watched something else."

I was about to ask him what he watched instead of the news, but I felt that he might feel like I'm invading his personal space.

"I watched some gay porn," he volunteered the information.

That was one of  the good things I liked in Plan's personality. He was always up front with you. But something entered my mind.

"With whom did you watch gay porn?" I asked before I could stop myself.

"I ... I ..."

Some redness started to creep from his neck upwards towards his cheeks.

A few seconds of hesitation went by before he replied, "With Mean."

I knew it! I fucking knew it!

Should I fire Mean and get him out of the way, because it looks to me like he's going to be my stiffest competition yet. And then again, even if I were to fire him, Mean would definitely have Plan's contact number so he could always make plans to meet with Plan wherever he wanted to meet up with him.

Okay, so terminating Mean was out of the question. Besides Mean was really good at keeping the company books and ledgers. I would hate to lose him.

"P'Chao?"

I was shaken out of my inner thoughts by Plan's voice.

"What was the news that I missed out on last night?" he asked.

"Well, there was this near accident that happened after a fan meeting held by the actors of KinnPorsche the series. Some aggressive fans were chasing the car of one of the actors and the actor's car narrowly missed crashing into another car," I informed Plan. "I would like to send you to the building of the agency that the actors of that series work for. Ask for an interview with the manager or administrator. Ask them what security measures they have added to their current ones to ensure that such a dangerous incident doesn't happen again. Ask them what  they are trying to do to protect their actors from the aggressive fans."

"Okay," said Plan.

"One other thing," I said, before Plan could leave my office.

"What is it?" Plan asked, his hand on the doorknob.

"Can I invite you to dinner at my place tonight?" I asked, my heart beating wildly in my chest.