Chapter 19

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Chao's POV

I woke up from a beautiful dream.

I was in bed with Plan. My arms were wrapped around him and he was hugging me back tightly.

Then the scene turned into a beach scene. I could clearly hear the sound of the waves lapping against the shore.

Plan and I were walking hand in hand along the shore.

Then a judge in flowing black robes with gold stripes and tassels on either side of his chest met us and started to intone the words for a wedding ceremony.

When the time came for the judge to say to us "You may now kiss each other as a pledge of your undying love" I leaned close to Plan and kissed him deeply.

He returned my kiss, placing his arms around me.

I leaned closer to pull him towards me to tighten my hug.

Thud!

I found myself on the floor. I slowly got up, rubbing my painful backside.

Just then there was a knock on my bedroom door.

"Breakfast is ready, sir," the head servant called from behind the door.

"I will be downstairs in a few minutes," I called back from inside my bedroom.

I quickly finished my morning rituals and showered and then put on some jogging clothes.

Since it was a Saturday morning I planned to do some jogging in the nearby park after breakfast.

"Good morning, sir," Lydia my head servant greeted me when I entered the dining room.

"Good morning, Lydia." I greeted her back. "What did you prepare for me this morning?"

"A hot bowl of oatmeal with cinnamon and apple slices on top and three eggs, hard boiled just the way you want them," she replied as she started to pour some freshly squeezed orange juice into the tall glass that she had set right beside my bowl of oatmeal.

"Thank you, Lydia," I said with a smile. "I wouldn't know what to do without you."

"You could always get married," she replied and quickly clapped a hand over her mouth. "I'm sorry, sir, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to speak out of turn, sir."

"That's alright," I said. "Actually I think I have met just the right person to tie the knot with."

I heard her let out a gasp.

"Have you invited that person to this house yet, sir?" Lydia said and quickly followed with, "I'm sorry, sir, I shouldn't be asking such things."

Again I said to her, "It's alright. And to answer your question, yes, I brought him here just last night."

She gave out another loud gasp, her eyes widening and looking like they were going to pop out of their sockets any second.

Then she quickly recovered to say, "He looks too young to get married though"

Oops, there she went clapping her mouth over her hand again. This time I did not assure her that what she had just said was alright. Instead I took a sip from my orange juice before saying, "He is not too young to get married. He is of legal age. My only problem is how to get him to say yes."

"Yes, sir, and I'm sorry again for speaking my mind," she said.

"You are forgiven as long as when I invite him here next time, make sure that nothing and no one disturbs us," I said.

"Of course, sir," she replied.

"Ask Chanvit to bring the car around to the entrance," I instructed Lydia.

Chanvit was my trusty personal chauffeur. I planned to let him drive me to the nearby park after breakfast where I would go jogging.

"Yes, sir, I will," Lydia replied, hurrying to go get Chanvit to do my bidding.

The park was thankfully almost empty of visitors. Except for a pair of lovers who were sitting beside the manmade lake, I was the only one there.

I looked enviously at the couple as they hugged each other and kissed.

My thoughts flew to Plan. I wondered what he was doing this Saturday morning. Maybe I could invite him to join me here.

I took out my phone from my pocket and tapped on the video icon after finding his contact number.

It took several rings before I saw his face on my screen.

"Hey, Plan," I said. "I was just wondering if you were free to join me this morning at the park near my house."

"For a picnic?" he asked.

"Yes, we could do that," I replied. "After jogging, though. I jog on Saturday mornings whenever I can."

"Well, can I join you only for the picnic?" Plan asked.

"Of course," I replied quickly.

Then suddenly I heard a voice behind Plan.

"Why did you agree to join him for a picnic when you have agreed to spend this day and night with me?"

The voice sounded upset. It also sounded familiar.