Chapter 28

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Mean's POV

"Dammit, Plan, why won't you take my call," I muttered to myself as I swiped on the red phone icon when I heard my call being directed to his voice mail.

I wondered if the reason that he was not taking my call was because he was with Chao right now.

I decided to give Chao a call.

Shit, he wasn't answering my call either.

Wait, was something happening between Chao and Plan right now?

I looked at the time on my phone. It was half past eight. It was way past dinner time.

Something was happening between Chao and Plan.

I jumped into my car and drove in the direction of Chao's mansion.

I parked alongside the curb closest to his gate and walked up to the side where the buzzer was and pressed hard on it with my index finger.

I waited a minute or two.

I pressed hard on it again when no one came to the gate.

I did not take my finger off the buzzer button until I saw someone walking out of the massive entrance door and walking down the steps towards the driveway.

It was a manservant.

"Good evening, sir, please state your business," he said politely but with just the slightest tone of hostility.

"I'm Mean Phiravich," I replied. "I'm one of the department heads of Chao's publishing company. I would like to speak with him please."

The manservant pulled out his phone from his pocket and tapped a few times on it.

"Sir," I heard him say, "there's someone at the gate who's asking to speak with you. He says his name is Mean Phiravich and that he is one of your department heads."

After a moment's pause, the manservant tapped on his phone to put Chao on speaker. He placed the phone close to me but did not hand it to me.

"Mean," I heard Chao addressing me. "What's going on?"

"I would like to please speak with Plan," I said. "Could you ask him to please come out and talk to me?"

"No," Chao said firmly.

"Why??? Why can't he come out? Is he naked???" I gave up any effort at being polite to my boss and owner of the company that I worked for.

"He cannot come out to talk to you because he is not here with me, dumbass," he said angrily.

I was quiet for a minute. Should I believe him? Should I take his word for it?

"If he's not with you, where is he then?" I pressed on.

"How would I know?" Chao wasn't bothering to hide his annoyance as well. "I am not his keeper. Now please go home and leave me to continue watching my TV show."

"Sorry for bothering you," I said in a subdued tone now. "Good night."

"Good night, Mean, see you in the morning," I heard him say.

The manservant turned to go back inside Chao's mansion and I turned around and walked back to my car.

Just where the hell was Plan.

I decided to drive over to his apartment.

Shit, his car was not in the apartment parking lot. He was somewhere with someone else, but who?

I decided to make one last attempt to reach Plan.

I took out my phone from my pocket and tapped on his contact number.

A few rings and then I heard, "Plan's phone, who's calling please?"

"Who's this?" I asked testily.

"Who are you?" he countered back.

"Are you telling me that my name does not show on his phone screen?" I asked angrily. "Or are you pretending that you can't read who the caller is?"

"Plan is not available right now," I heard the voice saying. "He's taking a shower."

Then something hit me. The voice of the person who was talking on Plan's phone sounded very familiar.

"Marc???"

My call got cut. The bastard had cut my call.