Chapter 27

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

During the drive to the seafront Marc allowed Plan to choose whatever song he wanted to play. Marc hid a smile as he listened to Plan singing along to the songs that were playing. Ohmygahd Plan's singing was so off key but it was okay with Marc. Marc could see that Plan was so into the songs. It was okay that Plan was singing off key. As long as Plan enjoyed singing, that was all that mattered. But when Plan's voice cracked at a very high note, Marc could not hide the wince on his face. Unfortunately, Plan noticed it.

Plan stopped singing and turned his face to Marc.

"What, you don't want to hear me singing???" Plan asked with a pouty frown.

"Oh no, no, please continue to sing," said Marc.

"But I saw you wincing," Plan said.

"Oh that's because I'm feeling so thirsty already," Marc was glad that he was able to think of a good excuse right away even though it was a lie. "I can't wait to get to the seaside restaurant and order a tall iced drink."

"Me, too," Plan said.

Thank goodness Plan got distracted and stopped singing along to the songs on Marc's sound system.

Soon Marc was pulling into the restaurant parking lot.

They were met and greeted at the entrance by a uniformed waiter. The waiter ushered them to the table that Marc had reserved before he and Plan left their company building.

It was a quiet table at a far corner of the restaurant where they could have some privacy.

Marc ordered drinks right away. He asked Plan what he wanted to drink.

"A tall glass of guava nectar with lots of ice," Plan replied.

"I'll have the same," Marc told the waiter. "We will be looking at the menu booklet while you get our drinks ready."

The waiter bowed to Marc and left to get their drinks.

Plan pointed at an image of a delicious looking salmon dish.

"Yeah that looks really good," Marc said. "I think I would like to have that as well."

When the waiter came back with their drinks, Marc told the waiter that he would like two orders of the restaurant's honey garlic salmon.

While waiting for their order, Marc tried to get to know more about Plan.

Between sips of the iced guava drinks, Plan told Marc that he loved playing video games and watching movies during his free time.

"What kind of movies do you enjoy watching?" Marc asked.

"Horror movies," Plan replied. "How about you?"

"I like watching all kinds especially mystery thrillers," Marc said.

"Oh, I like mystery thrillers as well," Plan said. "Are there any mystery thrillers showing at the theaters right now?"

"I don't think so," Marc replied. "But if you want, I got some mystery thrillers in my movie selections at home."

"Ooh, let's go watch those," Plan said excitedly. "But let's eat first."

And just at that moment the waiter arrived with their order of honey garlic salmon. The food smelled so good.

Plan and Marc immediately got to work on their salmon dish, stopping only every now and then to make small talk.

Soon Marc was paying for their orders and giving the waiter a generous tip.

"Thank you for that fantastic seafood treat, Marc," Plan gave Marc a happy smile which sent Marc's heart doing several cartwheels in his chest. "I totally enjoyed it."

"Absolutely," Marc replied. "We can come back here any time you want to."

"I will treat you next time," Plan promised Marc.

"Oh no, no, you don't have to," Marc said. "It will always be my treat to you. I really enjoy your company."  Marc almost added 'except your singing' but Marc was able to hold back his tongue just in time before he could get in trouble with Plan.

"Let's listen to the radio," Marc said to Plan as soon as they both got settled inside Marc's car. "I would like to listen to the early evening news and to traffic announcements just in case we need to avoid certain traffic routes."

Thankfully Plan agreed, so Marc was saved from hearing Plan's singing again.

Luckily for Marc, the drive to his apartment was smooth flowing.

"What about my car?" Plan grabbed Marc's arm, making Marc almost lose control of the wheel.

"Just leave it there," Marc said. "I will give you a ride to work tomorrow morning."

"Wait, you're making me spend the night with you?" Plan asked, unsure whether he wanted to do so or not.

"Since we will be watching some mystery thriller movies at my place, it would be best that you just spend the night with me," Marc suggested.

"Okay," Plan agreed.

Marc was entering his pass code into the front door of his unit when Plan's phone started to ring.

Plan pulled his phone from his pocket.

Mean was video calling him.

Marc took a quick peek into Plan's phone screen. He put a restraining hold on Plan's wrist.

"Please don't take any calls while you are at my place," Marc suggested. "Let's not let anyone interrupt our fun this evening, okay?"

"Okay," Plan agreed.