Chapter 4

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

For those who might not know him his name is Tay Tawan Vihokratana. He has appeared in several BL series including "Dark Blue Kiss".

Third Person POV

"Come in," Plan heard Mr. Vihokratana call out after Plan had made a nervous knock on his door.

With a fast beating heart, Plan turned the knob and pushed the door slowly open.

"Are you our newest field reporter?" was how Mr. Vihokratana greeted Plan the moment Plan walked into his office.

"Yes, sir, I am," Plan replied timidly.

"Okay, let's get you started right away." Mr. Vihokratana said briskly, making several clicks on his computer screen. "Tomorrow the cast of KinnPorsche the upcoming series will be holding a press conference at three in the afternoon in the lobby of the producer's building. I want you to join the other field reporters and ask as many questions as you can. Wait outside the building as early as one o'clock and try to catch the cast as they come into the building. Interview as many of them as you can."

Even as he was speaking Mr. Vihokratana was already printing all the information that Plan needed to be able to carry out his assignment successfully.

Mr. Vihokratana stood up from behind his desk to walk over to the corner of his room to take out the paper from his printer. He walked back to his desk and handed the paper to Plan.

"Read everything that's in there and formulate your questions to the cast in advance," Mr. Vihokratana. "Be sure to get as much information from them as you can."

He studied Plan briefly before saying, "I know that this will be your very first assignment and you're understandably nervous about it but don't be. Just look at it as a fan activity. Imagine yourself as an avid fan of the actors in that series and genuinely be interested about them."

When Plan just nodded without saying a word, Mr. Vihokratana said, "Hey, let me tell you about my experiences when I first started working as a field reporter."

"Yes, I was a newbie field reporter once just like you, eager to plunge into the world of field reporting," Mr. Vihokratana continued.

He then proceeded to recount to Plan all his funny, hilarious, crazy experiences, including the scary and dangerous ones. Plan asked questions about them along the way of Mr. Vihokratna's reminiscences. Plan started to feel more relaxed.

By the end of their conversation it was lunch break time.

Mr. Vihokratana stood up from behind his desk and said, "Come, let me show you where the company cafeteria is. It's located at the basement. The concessionaire is the cousin of Mr. Chittanant. You will like the food that is served there. The cousin himself is the one who prepares all the food. He used to be the chef of a five star hotel abroad. When he came back he decided to open his cafeteria business."

As Mr. Vihokratana was walking Plan to the elevator, the other employees on the floor were looking curiously at Plan. Some of them were whispering to each other. Plan overheard someone saying, "Marc's newest target."

When the elevator stopped on one floor along the way down to the basement, the door opened and Marc stepped inside. He greeted Mr. Vihokratana with a slight bow and then turned to Plan.

"I have been looking all over for you," said Marc. "I thought you agreed to have lunch with me today at the mall."

"You will have to scrap that plan," Mr. Vihokratana intervened before Plan could respond to Marc. "I have not finished giving Plan his orientation about his job. We will actually be having a working lunch."

"Can I take a rain check?" Plan asked Marc.

"You can't have lunch with Marc tomorrow either," Mr. Vihokratana informed Plan. "Don't forget  you have to be waiting by the building entrance of the production company of KinnPorsche by one o'clock in the afternoon. It takes about an hour to get there from here. You will have to bring a sack lunch with you. Eat it inside the company van on the way to your destination."

Marc hid his disappointment very well. He told himself that his opportunity to date Plan would eventually come if he just waited patiently. He parted ways with Plan and Mr. Vihokratana when the elevator door opened at the lobby floor.

Plan and Mr. Vihokratana then proceeded to the cafeteria in the basement. Plan did not regret spending his lunch break with Mr. Vihokratana. He learned a lot of stuff from him while they were having their lunch of chicken pineapple fried rice with cucumber slices drizzled with lemon juice all around the side of their plate.

Mr. Vihokratana made Plan spend the rest of the workday inside his office, asking Plan to assist with filing several documents into individual binders and sorting them in alphabetical order according to their labels, and then placing them on the shelf of a cabinet in one corner of his office.

"Do you live far from here?" Mr. Vihokratana asked Plan as they were getting to ready to leave his office at the end of the work day.

"Not really," Plan replied. "Without much traffic, I will be able to get home in roughly fifteen minutes."

"Did you take public transportation to get here?" Mr. Vihokratana wanted to know.

"No, sir, I drove my car," Plan replied.

"Oh, okay," Mr. Vihokratana said. "I was going to offer you a ride if you didn't have one."

Plan was already bowing to Mr. Vihokratana to take his leave when Mr. Vihokratana suddenly said, "Oh and by the way, you don't have to address me as 'sir'. Just call me Tay."

"But Mean said yesterday not to address you as Tay," Plan said with a questioning look on his face.

"Forget what Mean said," Mr. Vihokratana waved Plan's hesitation away. "He's always trying to be a goody two shoes. At least that's the appearance he likes to give. Wait till you join us for a company dinner one of these days. Watch his behavior once he has had several beers. He probably won't be able to keep his hands off you. I can already tell that you are exactly his type. Mind you he's a very picky person. He doesn't date just anyone. Maybe that's the reason why he's still single up to now."

"Okay, Tay is what I will call you from now on then," Plan said. "Do I come back here tomorrow or should I go straight to the production company from my place?"

"You have to come back to my office tomorrow morning for last minute instructions," Tay replied. "Plus you will be taking the company van. Our company driver will take you there."

"Who is the company driver?" Plan wanted to know.