Chapter 26

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Marc's POV

I logged into my computer and then told Plan that he could use that one while I used the other computer on the adjacent desk.

I showed him where to find all the news articles that Tay wanted Plan to collate in chronological order.

Although our tasks kept us busy for a while, I was finding it hard to focus.

I kept searching on my phone for  a nice restaurant where I could take Plan for a dinner date.

Halfway through our task, my desk phone rang.

"Let me talk to Plan, please," said Chao. He did not say who was calling but I recognized his voice.

"Sure," I said and handed the phone to Plan, saying, "It's Mr. Chavalit. He wants to talk to you."

Plan took the phone from me.

"Yes, P'Chao?" I heard Plan say.

Oh, so it's not Mr. Chavalit with him, it's P'Chao. Interesting, hmm.

"Okay," I heard Plan say. "When did they say they were available to be interviewed then?"

"Alright," Plan said after a short pause as he listened to Mr. Chavalit's response. "I will make sure to be there tomorrow at three o'clock on the dot."

Then Plan turned to me to say, "It looks like I'm stuck with you for the rest of the day. P'Chao was not able to get an interview appointment for me for today with the manager of the agency that handles the KinnPorsche actors. I will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon at three o'clock."

"You must be very disappointed," I said, but inwardly I was rejoicing.

I could hardly wait for our work day to end. I kept glancing at the wall clock from across my work desk.

Finally when I was just about to scream from having to wait for so long, the clock struck five and I noticed every one else getting up from their individual desk chairs.

I turned to Plan.

"I know just the right restaurant to treat you to dinner," I said with a smile that hid the nervousness and excitement that was waiting to burst from me at any moment.

"And which restaurant would that be?" Plan asked with that killer smile of his that sent my heart doing double flips inside my chest.

"It's called Fresh Catch," I replied. "It's a seafood restaurant located an hour and a half from here but it's worth the drive. They offer the best seafood menu that you can think of. And they are located by the seafront. You can enjoy the sea breeze while you eat, if you choose to eat at the patio tables." (A/N: The name of the restaurant is fictitious. Author just made it up. If there's one by that name that actually exists, it's a pure coincidence.)

"Sounds fantastic to me!" Plan said, his wide smile showing his beautiful pearly whites.

"Shall I follow you in my car?" Plan asked as we walked into the elevator on our way down to the lobby.

"You can leave it here," I replied. "We can go there in my car and then I will drop you off back here after dinner."  I almost added 'and a movie, maybe.'

"Fine with me," Plan said before walking over beside the receptionist desk to clock out. I did the same.

Then we walked out of the lobby and I guided Plan to where my car was parked.

Just as Plan and I had both settled in my car and I had started my engine, Plan's phone started to ring.

"Excuse me," Plan said as he dug into his pocket for his phone.

Then he turned to me to say, "Shit, it's P'Chao. I totally forgot that I had accepted his dinner invitation at his mansion."

"Cancel it," I urged Plan. "Tell him that you have a personal emergency to take care of right now."

Plan swiped his phone screen.

"P'Chao!" I heard him say. "I'm sorry I can't go to your house for dinner. I have a personal emergency."

A few seconds pause.

"I can't tell you," I heard Plan say. "It's personal."

A few seconds pause again.

Then Plan said, "Yes, after my interview with the agency manager is perfect. Okay, bye, P'Chao, see you tomorrow."

"Don't," I said to Plan after he swiped his phone screen to end his conversation with Mr. Chavalit.

"Don't what?" Plan asked looking up at me with that cute innocent look on his face.

"Don't spend a night with him at his mansion," I warned him. "You're going to regret it."