Chapter 29

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Third Person POV

"Marc and Plan, please come to the HR office right now, Marc and Plan, please come to the HR office right now" Mean announced over the paging system.

Mean heard a tentative knock on his door.

"Come in," Mean called out.

His office door opened and Marc came in.

"Where's Plan?" Mean asked.

"I haven't seen him since I came in this morning," Marc replied.

"Wasn't he with you last night?" Mean asked.

"He decided to leave and go back to his place," Marc replied.

"Why?" Mean asked.

Marc did not reply.

"I asked you why, Marc," Mean started to get impatient.

"For personal reasons," was all that Marc would say.

Mean banged his fist on his desk.

"You better tell me right now or I will hold you responsible for his disappearance," Mean said angrily.

Marc stayed quiet for a while and then when he saw Mean's threatening look, Marc said, "We had a misunderstanding."

"What kind of misunderstanding?" Mean asked impatiently. "Stop giving me general terms. Be more specific!"

"He thought that I was trying ... trying to ..." Marc could not go on.

"You better tell me where he is right now," Mean growled at Marc.

"As far as I know, he went back to his apartment last night," Marc said, starting to feel nervous.

"What time was that?" Mean continued to interrogate Marc.

"Two in the morning," Marc said, his voice almost a whisper.

Mean banged his fist on his desk once more.

"Two in the morning!!! Goddammit, Marc! You better come clean with me! What exactly happened at your place last night and early this morning???" Mean had raised his voice too loud that Tay who happened to be passing by Mean's office decided to knock on his door before opening slightly and peeking inside.

"Is everything alright, Mean?" Tay asked.

"No!" Mean replied, his voice sounding really agitated now. "This bastard won't tell me what exactly happened between him and Plan last night."

"Nothing happened," Marc tried to defend himself.

Tay stepped fully into Mean's office now.

"Are you telling the truth, Marc?" Tay fixed his eyes on Marc.

"Yes," Marc replied but he turned his face away, unable to meet Tay's eyes.

"He is not telling the truth," Mean said while looking accusingly at Marc. "Or if he is telling the truth he is leaving some important information out."

Tay turned to Marc once more.

"Marc," said Tay, "I will believe what you're saying right now, but if after I conduct a thorough investigation I found out that you have been keeping information that the company needs to know, you are going to lose your job, do you hear me?"

Mean stood up from his desk.

"I am going to Plan's apartment to check if he is really there," Mean announced to Tay. "If Chao looks for me, please let him know that I am checking on Plan's disappearance. He has not even called in to let us know that he can't come to work today."

"Okay," Tay said.

Then Tay turned to Marc, "I have work for you to do. Please come to my office."

Marc followed Tay out of Mean's office.

Mean locked his office door before heading to the company parking lot.

Then Mean went to his car and started to drive it out of the company premises.

For some reason Mean felt very worried for Plan ... very very much worried and he could not understand why.

When Mean reached Plan's apartment building, he parked his car on the road right across the entrance.

He walked into the lobby and told the receptionist that he was there to see Plan.

The receptionist buzzed Plan's apartment and Mean waited.

There was no answer.

The receptionist buzzed Plan's unit one more time.

Still no answer.

After the third attempt to reach Plan went unanswered, the receptionist said to Mean, "He doesn't seem to be home, sir."

"Thank you, ma'am," Mean said, walking away with a heavy feeling in his heart.

Mean went back and sat inside his car without driving away.

He sat there for a long time.

Then something told Mean to drive to the nearest hospital and check if they had admitted a patient by the name of Plan Rathavit Kijworalak.

Mean circled the hospital parking lot until he found a free parking space then he rushed over to the hospital receptionist.

"Yes, sir," said the receptionist. "He has not been admitted yet. He is still in the emergency room."