Piano and calligraphy

"This video is from the beginning of the year near the midterms when Horikita was tutoring a gang of failures."

If I was correct in my assumption, then this was our first study session right before Sudo marched off.

"A, B, and C have 2150 yen collectively. A has 120 yen more than B does. After C gives B 2/5ths of his money, B now has 220 yen more than A. How much money did A originally have?"

A problem involving a system of equations. For a high school student, it should be a free point.

Most students agreed.

"Try using your brain. If you give up from the very beginning, you won't get anywhere."

"'Try using your brain', it never ceases to amaze me at how you can be so brainless Horikita," Sakayanagi mocked.

"What do you mean?" said Sudo in a louder than usual voice.

"It's simple. Horikita isn't a good tutor as she just believes that studying fixes every problem. She's not accounting for the fact that different people learn in different ways." Sakayanagi explained.

I had to agree with her. Someone who's naturally good at studying and academics could never understand what Sudo and other weak academic students feel. saying things like 'just use your brain' is the same as saying 'why can't you just do it?'

"Even if you say that... I don't even know how to study."

"Everyone else in the school passed."

The school doesn't decide on admissions solely based on scores. Sudou was probably accepted because of his high physical ability. If you think about it, wouldn't he get kicked out immediately because of his bad grades?

"That's a little weird, isn't it? Since the school would have to look pretty deep to find out everyone's abilities and what they're good at," pointed out Ichinose.

"I have to agree with you there. It may be just a guess, but the school's test and interview are might even be just a formality," said Horikita in dissatisfaction.

Some of the slower students looked taken aback that their efforts to get into the school didn't matter, but they didn't want to go be seen complaining so they kept their opinions to themselves.

"Ugh, I don't know either..." Ike was also puzzled as he scratched his head.

"Okitani-Kun, do you know how to do this question?"

"Um... A+B+C equals 2150 yen, and A equals B+120..."

Okitani, who somehow avoided failing the last test, started writing down the equations. Kushida was looking over his shoulder.

"Un un, that's right, that's right. And then?"

Kushida is certainly bold. Even though she said she was worried about getting a failing mark, she was teaching Okitani.

"Of course Ayanokouji. Kikyo-chan is an angel who's puts others above herself!" Ike said with joy.

I almost feel bad for him considering what's right after this.

"Uh yeah. Thanks Kushida for helping me out there," said Okitani timidly.

"It was nothing, hehheh. Don't worry about it," Kushida said while scratching her cheek probably trying to look cute for the boys. And it worked since Okitani was embarrassed averting his eyes.