Winter Date Planning

(A/N Slight change of plans. This chap will be the part where kei and Sato set up the date. Felt kinda weird to jump into the date after one chap randomly, so I'm doing this.)

After waking up and getting ready for school, I checked my phone. To my surprise, I received a message from an unknown number.

"Come to the first-year dorm building room 501. I'll have the memorandum we talked about there. There had to be a slight change of plans"

It seems we're about to begin this match today itself.

"I guess I'll go straight after the video viewing," I muttered to myself.

Tucking my phone into my blazer pocket, I began my journey to school.

Yagami had a different plan in mind, but the first to expel the other will win according to the new rules. The resolve within him may crumble, but no matter what, he won't be the same person in the end.

Upon arriving at school, I found my seat and we were promptly taken to the gym. It felt like it had been a long time since the last tape, but it really had only been one day. I suppose the hectic day yesterday makes me feel like more time has elapsed.

"The winter break section of the tapes have begun. There seems to be a bit of a perspective change for these. Let's begin."

A perspective change? Could it be someone like Horikita or Ryuuen?

The 23rd of December. Clear skies. Waking up in the morning was extremely pleasant. It was almost unbelievably refreshing, and even though I had just gotten up. I was wrapped up in comfort and it felt as though I were still in a dream.

"So it's me again. Wait, is it the day with Sato? No, no, no, no. Why did I think those things?" Kei thought.

It was the first change that occurred to me. So, what changed? If people ask me that, I would resolutely answer 'Nothing'. But, it's not like nothing's changed. The truth is, there had been a change. A dramatic change. I, Karuizawa Kei, no longer have a horrible past chaining me down.

So it's from Kei's perspective.

To be more precise, it's not quite that. I have gained a power that won't lose to the past chaining me down. That is yesterday, the events of the closing ceremony that ended the second semester. I was called out by Ryuuen and the others and received acts of bullying. It sounds lame when I put it into words like this but it is a fact that it happened. I hit rock bottom.

"Doesn't really sound lame, more like it's sad," Sato told her.

"That doesn't sound much better," Kei complained.

At this school I ran away to seek salvation, I thought I would once again be dropped down into hell. And then, I heard various things. And amongst those, the shocking one was, that Manabe and the others who bullied me were in fact guided by Kiyotaka. At first, I despaired, and even anger came out. But.....in the end, I was saved.

By the hands of Kiyotaka.

The ones waiting for me as I safely descended from the rooftop were the former student council president and Chabashira-sensei. It wasn't like they had anything to say to me, it was just their concern so that the eyes of unrelated people would not fall on me. Honestly, without their care, I doubt I would have safely made it back to the dormitory.

The students solemnly listened to Kei's thoughts. This was something they knew already, so it felt more like a recap than anything.

The only thing they told me was that those two were acting based on Kiyotaka's instructions. I think it's because they realized it was the only way to calm me down. Those events on the rooftop. The seeds that the me who was bullied by Manabe and the others had planted.