A Tyrant's Methods

Ayanokouji POV:

I arrived at school at the usual time and we went to the gymnasium just as usual as well. When walking in, I noticed Kanzaki sitting with a blank expression. I wonder what happened to the determined look that was there the day before yesterday. But whatever actions he takes are his own. I'm simply an observer.

"For today's video, I have something new instored."

I didn't think that there would be something new so randomly. I was intrigued by what video we were going to watch today, but now I'm paying full attention.

"We will have 2 videos today. The first will be narrated by me. The second will go back to normal with Ayanokouji's point of view."

I see. So certain videos may not have any first-person point of view and we may get a third-person instead.

One may think that this doesn't matter, but a first-person narration isn't as reliable. It's a person's emotions and true thoughts that could be biased and irrational, while a third person is detached from the situation and can look at thing objective.

However, this is in more literal terms. If we think of this like a book then it would be the author narrating themselves. The author would be much more truthful in the scenario rather than a character who could be thinking irrationally due to fear or other emotions.

Meanwhile, in a different classroom, the atmosphere was quite cold and strained. The assembled Class C students appeared greatly intimidated by the person standing at the podium before them.

"It seems that your class has finally made a debut," Hosen chuckled.

The class C students, however, were experiencing a form of PTSD at Ryuuen's cruel and scary nature.

"There've been many unnatural goings-on, wouldn't you say?" he asked.

Ryuuen Kakeru was Class C's leader and dictator. Yamada Albert, Ishizaki, and other students adept in martial arts stood next to him. They were willing to dispense punishment with their fists, should someone oppose him.

"There's no way any of this could have been a coincidence." He spoke as if he were talking to himself, but his ambiguous words seemed to be directed at someone.

"First there was that test on the uninhabited island, and then the sports festival. Someone lurking in Class D knows how to think like me."

"Someone thinks like you, Ryuuen-san? I can't imagine someone like that in Class D, though," blurted Ishizaki. To him, Ryuuen was a strange, incomprehensible being who commanded both respect and contempt.

"It aligns with Machiavelli's philosophy," Sakayanagi stated.

As Machiavelli once said, 'it's better to be feared rather than loved, if one cannot have both.'

"I guess some of that guy's ideas could be like mine. But, at the end of the day, ideas are cheap. What I wanted was completely something I came up with. That guy did not influence me," Ryuuen retorted.

"I guess we can both agree on something for once," Kanzaki remarked.

"Oh? Have you finally finished your pity party?" Ryuuen insulted with a cocky smirk.

"Were you worried about me?" Kanzaki retorted with something I, no, most didn't expect him to say.

Kanzaki was a right-hand man type of person. He didn't have the abilities to be a leader but he wasn't someone who would be a follower. However, he took the right-hand position as someone who has to obediently follow the leader's orders without question. The job of a right-hand man is to act as an advisor.