Only a Door Stands Between

I guess I can't sit back and observe as I usually do nowadays.

'Make a name for myself'

Those were the words given to me. I do indeed have my name engraved in this place, there's not a single student who doesn't know it, but I wasn't the one who made it. They were my actions, but to make the name, external forces had to be used. If I were to achieve that task, it should be due to my own merits, not this third party. Although I suppose that opportunity has long since passed, I can't make a name for myself since I already have one.

It's like trying to fill a blank, but there is no empty space, it was filled long before one took up the pen.

Walking into the auditorium, Sudo anxiously glanced at me. He seemed nervous, I can't blame him, of course.

"The end of the rumour. The seed has grown and peished."

The punishment, the aftermath, it could all be decided today.

It all began on Friday, February 11th, the day when the letters declaring that Ichinose was a criminal were discovered.

It was after Ichinose had seen the letters, and Kamuro had come to my room to tell me about her past with shoplifting.

I decided to make a move of my own against Sakayanagi's strategy. In order to carry it out, that evening, I called a particular schoolgirl and asked her to come and meet up with me in my room.

And then, the appointed time came. Instead of the sound of the doorbell, a light knocking echoed throughout the room.

As the door was already unlocked, I just opened it up right away.

"You've been taking a backseat, huh?" Ryuuen pointed out.

"It seems we're both alike in that regard," I replied.

"I actually enjoyed my time. I was able to go to school, partake in a little bit of sightseeing, dabble in some poetry," Ryuuen spoke as if he was some refined gentleman from the 1900s.

"Sure you were," Sakayanagi giggled.

The faint scent of flowers tickled my nose as cold air came flowing in from the hallway.

"Good evening, Ayanokōji-kun."

Because it was around midnight, Kushida's voice was a bit softer than usual.

"Sorry for calling you at such a bad time. If you don't mind, please come in."

"Oh Kikyou, it's been a while since you've done anything. Do you like the attention?" Ryuuen chuckled with a sadistic smile.

Kushida looked at him with an annoyed glance, but didn't say anything.

"Around midnight with Kushida, huh? I see how it is, yes, yes, I see the picture very clearly," Kei nodded to herself.

"Are you sure it's clear?" I asked.

"Yes. You both must have been up to some devious things, I can't see any other reason. It must have been horrific, no doubt about it," Kei told me.

"Do you have a fever?"

"Not at all. I see it very clearly in my mind. You must have been playing board games and defeating her every single time. She would be, like, so hurt by that," Kei giggled.

I sighed.

"Why do you like messing with me so much?"

"It's because it's fun to see you try and answer them," Kei smirked teasingly.