A Suspenseful Race

This really was an uneventful morning. No schemes I had to enact or favours I needed to use. I guess this was the normal life that I wanted with nothing eventful happening and I simply live a mundane routine. The freedom that I desire is simply uneventful in reality, but I don't mind that. I like the mundane activities in my day-to-day life and all of the small interactions I have every day.

I quite like the way I live now.

I got to my seat in the theatre and the video started.

"The relay was the final major event in the sports festival and now we get to witness it."

My race with Manabu, huh? I can't say that I didn't expect this eventually.

The last event of the sports festival, the 1200-meter relay, was about to begin. Everyone other than Class D—was amped.

"The final event, huh? I guess we need to choose a substitute for this one, too."

"Huh...! Puh...! Hey, sorry to keep you all waiting! What's going on?"

Sudou, completely out of breath, returned with Horikita lagging slightly behind him.

"Sudou-kun, you came back!"

"Yeah, sorry. My bad. It took way longer to take a dump than I thought."

"W-Wha..." Ishizaki was shocked.

"Ryueen, did you poison him too?" Ishizaki asked Ryuuen.

"Shut the fuck up," Ryuuen groaned.

Ishizaki braced himself for impact since he had expected Ryuuen to resort to violence for his incompetence, I have to admit that even I was partly surprised at Ryuuen's lack of force. I doubt that Ryuuen just cared for Ishizaki more than his other students but it was more like he won't use force at the first sign of trouble.

"My impression of you was a person who would attack another at any inconvenience, I didn't think it was possible for you to mature," Sakayanagi chuckled.

"And yet, while I have matured your chest hasn't fared the same," Ryuuen crudely said.

Even Sakayanagi was a little taken aback but recollected herself quickly. The chairman was also quite amused even if he didn't make any outward motion to cover his mouth but he had a warm smile plastered on his face. I knew he was unbiased but I feel like it's a little too cruel to be amused by his daughter's own humiliation.

Sudou looked as if he was in a bright, cheerful mood—all smiles.

However, many students glared at him icily. He didn't flinch from their stares.

"Sorry. I punched Hirata and crashed our morale because I lost my temper. It's my fault that Class D is about to lose," he continued.

Sudou bowed deeply. The Sudou of an hour ago couldn't have done that, even if it were an act. Something must have happened. After a stunned moment, Hirata laughed happily. His cheek was slightly swollen, and looked painful, but he didn't seem to care about that.

"The heck, Ken? This isn't like you," said Ike.

"I gotta admit, I did somethin' wrong after doing somethin' wrong. I want to apologize to you, too, Kanji," Sudou replied.

"It's not like it's your fault I lost or anything. I'm just no good at sports, really. Sorry I wasn't useful," said Ike.