Chapter 61

Amara's POV

I'd been awake since 2:50am. Where i was in my parent's bedroom, my father thought i was sleeping so it's not like i could just get up and put the TV on or go on my phone for a few hours. No, i lied there all night, staring at absolutely nothing, bored out of my fucking head.

At around 10:30, my father finally got up. Quickly, i shut my eyes, only keeping them open a tiny bit so i could see when he went into the shower.

As soon as the bathroom door shut, i jumped out of the bed and made my way to my own bedroom, making sure not to see anyone on the way.

Ain't no fucking way i'm telling them about my past.

Before i did anything, i pulled my phone out and sent a quick message.

We're going out. Be ready in 15. ~ Amara

I just woke up you whore. Come over to mine. ~ Silas

I had the quickest shower of my life, cleaned my teeth and washed my face then changed into an outfit, leaving my curls out and not bothering with any makeup.

(⬆️ Amara's Outfit)

Grabbing a piece of paper and a pen, i quickly scribbled down on it - Going to Silas' I'll be back later. Love y'all - and finished it off with a big heart at the bottom.

Slipping on a pair of nike slides then grabbing the biggest pair of sunglasses i could find, i ran downstairs and into the garage, starting the car and driving off, completely unnoticed.

'Wussup ma'
I said, walking into the kitchen and greeting Silas' adoptive mother. Pricilla was a Nigerian woman who didn't care about nothing but her family. She was a beautiful woman inside and out. Pricilla is a queen.

'Hi sugar'
She replied as i hugged her tightly. Pricilla has always been a mother figure for me and when Silas was adopted by her in the orphanage, his house was close to mine.

'How are you?'
She carried on as she carried on cooking.

'I'm fine, you?'
I asked, leaning my head on her shoulder and watching her cook. She was the women the first and only woman that has taught me how to cook, except from my mother of course.

'I'm g-'
Before she could finish somebody from the stairs interrupted.

'Amara you whore. You didn't tell me you had a boyfriend'
Silas spoke, smirking at me as Pricilla turned around with her spatula and put her hands on her hips.

'You have a boyfriend and you didn't tell me'
She yelled with her nigerian accent showing, pointing it the spatula me as i shook my head quickly.

'No, no, no. I promise i don't'
I explained while she gave me a dirty look.