Lash out.

(Main event starts in 5 or so chapters,  don't skip Losing Harry if you're going to continue to read this. Enjoy:))

I tried pills, but they failed to work and it began affecting the dreams too.
"You okay?" The lankier of the two Peter's sat beside me at the kitchen table. "You've been a little distant."
"I'm fine." I told him and smiled as convincingly as I could. "Just tired."
"I get that." He smiled back and reached over to squeezed my hand, I started to pull away from the dream as I felt his skin on mine.
"Get the fuck out!" I yelled for the fourth time that week. "Just stop!"
Everynight ended in breaking down in tears and shouting myself awake, I couldn't get myself back to sleep after that, so I'd just lay awake, doing nothing.
"You have to stop doing this to yourself." Peter said as I came out of the bedroom, drained from no sleep and too much crying.
"Don't talk to me, Peter." I told him and went to make coffee, the tension between us had been brewing all week.
"I'm trying to help you." He said softly.
"I don't want or need your help." I told him and pulled a cup off the side.
"Okay, at least tell me why you're doing it." He sat on the counter and I felt bad, it wasn't really his fault, was it? "Aunt May won't tell me anything."
"Probably better that way." I said and turned to him. "Do you want a cup?"
"Are we okay?" Peter changed the subject. "Is it something I did that...that's making you feel like this."
"I don't want to talk about it, Pete." I sighed and rested a hand against my forehead. "Please."
"Why are you cutting yourself off from them?" He continued. "They love you, I know you love them."
"Because it's a fucking dream, Peter." I gritted my teeth but didn't look up at him, instead, I stared at the white countertop as my eyes brewed with tears. "They're not fucking real, and because your identity was leaked, I am never going to be loved like that here, so I am not going to get a taste of what it feels like from those fucking dreams."
I saw out of the corner of my eyes that he looked down. "I never meant for it to happen."
"I'm not blaming you, Peter, I'm sorry." I sighed and shook my head, I had gone a little far with that, it wasn't his fault about anything that was happening right now. "Sorry, I didn't mean to lash out. Come here." I held out my arms to him and he jumped off the countertop so I could wrap my arms around him.
"I'm sorry, Peter." I whispered and held onto him tightly. "You didn't deserve any of that, or anything that's happening right now."
We stayed like that for a while, just me and him holding eachother, as simple as it was, it was safety to me, and I needed as much as I could get of it.