Rejection in the bakery

(Rose had auditioned for a part in a film and is waiting to see if she's got it, she gets the letter just as the others get theirs for M.I.T)
"There's no way I'm going to get the part." I sighed and leaned against the counter, Peter had just thrown his college letter into the bin.
"Well if you don't, then they're missing out." Aunt May poured us both a cup of coffee and smiled softly. "How's Harry?"
"He's doing okay." I smiled at the thought of him. "Just a little stressed out from work."
Aunt May smiled. "He's a lovely boy."
I had been telling them almost everything that had happened with Harry. I didn't have any more dreams with the other one, which concerned me, but I didn't think I'd be able to take it if I went there every other night.
Peter groaned. "Aren't you together yet?"
I shook my head. "I want to take it slow."
"You'll be going backwards soon then." He said and sipped from his cup, I hit him playfully and he pretended to choke on his coffee.
Two letters came in through the door and Peter rushed to grab them.
"M.I.T." He said and peered at the other one.
"R.S.O.A." He threw me mine and I just managed to catch it.
"I'll call MJ." I said and put it down on the counter.
We all arranged to meet at the bakery where she worked so we could open them all together.
"Jones, I told you to take down the
Halloween decorations." MJ's boss said as he came by.
"Actually that was Sasha, so--"
"Enough attitude, just do it."
MJ gulped. "On it."
"I feel like I'm gonna puke." Ned told us.
"Well don't... because he will just
make me clean it." MJ sighed and turned the letter over in our hands.
"This is our only shot. It's here
or nowhere." Ned nodded.
"Hey, come on!"
"Okay, you guys ready?" MJ asked.
"Yeah..." We all said.
"Okay. On three? One, two, three."
I eased the flap off the envelope and pulled out the letter.
And dropped it onto the counter when I read the first line.
"No?"
Everyone at the counter looks depressed, and I suppose I looked no different.
"In light of recent events and controversy, we are unable to offer you the current part for which you auditioned. Please refrain from applying for future parts since the same outcome may apply." I read and buried my head In my hands. "Great."
"This is so not fair. I mean, this
is so not fair!" Peter exclaimed. "I didn't do
anything wrong. I mean, you guys
definitely didn't do anything
wrong!"
"Expect disappointment and you will
never get disappointed." MJ said and I leaned against the counter.
"Word."
Suddenly, Flash entered the bakery, sporting an MIT sweatshirt. He
began singing.
"No sleep till -- bum-bum, bum-
buuuum... Boston!" He looked over to us but neither of us said anything.
"You guys didn't get in?" He asked.
"Yeah, because we're actually
friends with Spider-Man." Ned told him.
Flash checked his watch. "Uh yeah, I better get going. There's a-- They have a mixer for new admissions and... sorry, guys."
We all nodded and watched him go.
"Jones, get back to work." MJ's boss called.
"I'd better call Aunt May." I told Peter and backed off a bit to call her.
"Rosie, did you get the part?"
"No, May. And none of them got in either." I sighed.
"Really?"
"Yeah."
"Oh, that's horrible." She sighed as well. "Why don't you come back home and we'll do something together."
Peter looked like he had just gotten a idea when I looked over at the others.
"Hold that thought, Peter's up to something." I told her and ended the call.