Losing Harry

This is just a suggestion but you may want to put on some sad music to read this because it helps people feel when they read, I didn't have a full playlist for this chapter because I was writing from the heart, but I did have the music that played while Peter lost Gwen (The Amazing Spider-Man 2) and it really brought tears to my eyes.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Harry's face was pale, though the veins in his arms and face were a sharp comparison, one that I decided I really didn't like as I cradled him in my arms.
"I'll get you through this." I whispered and pressed a kiss against his forehead. "You're going to be okay."
He shook his head weakly. "No."
I could see it in his eyes that he knew he wouldn't make it past morning, and a part of me knew as well.
"I'm sorry for the things I said." Referring to a few weeks before, when I had lost my temper with him and Peter. "I never meant any of them."
"It's okay, none of that matters." Harry assured me, smiling weakly. "You're a part of me, Rose."
I rubbed his shoulder and smiled back softly. "You're a part of me, too, Harry...I love you."
"I love you, too." He fumbled for my hand and rubbed his thumb over my fingers. "So, so much."
His eyes filled with un-shed tears as he came to terms with the fact that he didn't have long, I immediately wanted to pull out of the dream, but I had no idea what Rose would automatically do. I had to put his mind at ease.
"There's so much I have to tell you…" I moved my hand from around his shoulder to cradle his head carefully.
He shook his head. "Don't worry about that."
I ran my shaking fingers through his silky brown locks, trying to distract myself from the tears already beginning to spill from my own eyes as I held Harry.
He smiled softly and raised his hand to rest against my cheek. "Your eyes were always so pretty in the sun."
I let him swipe away one of the tears that had begun to trickle down from my watery eyes. "Harry...I…"
"It's okay, you don't have to say it, I know." The smile didn't leave his face and I pressed my lips together in attempt not to cry any harder than I already was.
"Is there anything…anything I can do." I asked, wanting to know if there was something to help put his mind at ease.
"Kiss me." He said softly.
I swiped at my face before leaning down to press my lips against his for what seemed to be the last time.
He responded slowly, his hands tangled in my hair and I felt his chapped lips grew soft under mine as it went on, I kept my hand behind his head, both supporting him and tangling my fingers between his locks as I kissed him.
I never wanted it to end, I wanted to be stuck in that moment for forever, just me and Harry, nothing to worry about, just complete solace.
When I finally pulled away, it was cut too short.
"It's okay, Rosie." Harry smiled and moved his hand back down to my cheek again. "It's okay, even if we had forever, I could never show you how much I love you." He wiped another tear away and I was barely aware of Pete as he dropped down to the floor near us. "Just remember that."
I nodded and brought his hand to my lips, keeping my eyes on his as he smiled reassuringly.
"Hey, Har." Peter said as he knelt beside us, I pressed Harry's hand against my chest, against my thumping heart, which ached so much for the man laying in my arms.
"Hi, Pete."
"How you feeling?"
"Been better." Harry grimaced and I smoothed my free hand over his hair. "You look after...look after Rose for me, okay?"
"Of course, buddy." Pete nodded and shot me a look, I shook my head and turned my gaze back to Harry.
"I...I need to find MJ." Peter gulped, feeling guilty, and I nodded.
"Go get your girl." Harry smiled weakly and Peter shot us both one last look before disappearing.
Neither of us said anything as I continued to smooth Harry's hair back, trying not to think about the fact I was slowly losing him.
"I'm sorry." He started. "I didn't-"
I let go of his hand and pressed a finger against his lips. "Save your strength."
He nodded and I took his hand back.
"Talk to me." He whispered. "Tell me something you've always wanted."
"A future with you." I told him and smiled softly.
"Tell me about it."
"We'd get married a few years from now." I began, thinking and talking. "Peter would be your best man, if he hasn't pissed you off again before that."
Harry smiled softly and nodded. "How many kids?"
"Three." I murmured and stroked the back of his hand with my thumb.
"Twin boys, and a girl." He whispered and I nodded.
"Exactly my thoughts." I smiled and he reached up with a steady hand to swipe at the tears that had started to spill again.
"Each as gorgeous as their mother." He murmured and I leaned into his hand, still warm and soft.
Harry brushed his thumb against my cheek and withdrew his hand to rest it against his chest.
He was silent after that but asked me to keep talking, and I did my best to distract him from pain consuming his body.
Sometime after he went completely still, my voice broke and I had to stop talking, I refused to admit he was completely gone.
"Harry?" I asked, not quite ready for what was to come. "Hey, breathe." I lifted his head up. "Breathe. Harry!" I shook him gently.
No, this, this couldn't be happening.
"No, Harry, no, no, please." I pulled him onto my lap and pressed my forehead against his. "Stay...stay with me." I said as a fresh batch of the tears started up. "Stay with me."
He's gone…The voice in my head started.
"No, no, you're alright, Harry, you're okay." I sobbed. "Please." I rocked us back and forth as I cried out like a wounded animal who was too far for anyone to reach. "Please...Harry…." I pressed my lips together as the tears flowed, moving my hand to the side of his face. "Stay with me, stay with me, you stay with me."
I was barely aware of Peter walking over with MJ.
"Please Harry!" I cried out. "Please!" My hands shook as I smoothed his hair back for the millionth time, his chocolate brown eyes stared up above us, unmoving. The promise of forever fading with every second he stayed still.
"Say something." I ordered him, the small hope I had left was beginning to fade as I held onto his still warm but pale body. "Say something, I'm not...I'm not going to give up on you, breathe, please, please Harry."
My breathing became uneven and tagged as I begged him to wake.
"Please." I asked one more time, my voice feeble and as broken as my heart was in that moment. "Harry."
Peter sank to his knees next to me and pulled me into his arms.
"Sshh." His voice was breaking as well. "He's at peace now, he can't feel the pain anymore."
"No, Harry." I tried to pull away weakly and pulled one of Peter's arms off me.
"It's okay, let him go, let him go." He rested both of his hands on my shoulder. "He's safe now."
I ducked my head under one of his arms and buried my face into his chest as I let go completely of all the pain I withheld while I had been talking to Harry.
I was shoved out of my dream, gasping for breath.
"No, no." I scrambled out of bed as it hit me again.
This was my fault, if I had been there properly, if I hadn't have been so selfish, he would be fine.
Harry was gone.
I poured my whole heart into one anguished, broken scream before breaking down into sobs, falling to my knees on the carpet.
Lights flicked on in the apartment and my room door was pushed open.
"Rosie?" Peter stuck his head in the door and crossed the space to my bed. "Hey, what's happened?"
I shook my head as I tried to get my breathing under control, Peter wrapped his arms around me gently and pulled my head against his chest, waiting for me to calm down. "Harry..." I said finally.
"What about him?"
"He's gone." I sobbed. "He's gone."
Aunt May walked in as well and sat on my other side.
"What do you mean he's gone?" Pete asked, rubbing my back softly.
"He...he came to help Peter…and he...he wasn't looking...he was...stabbed...and he died in...in my arms." I got out before fully breaking down.