𝗖. 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥.

'' Today, I smile
Even though it hurts, I smile
Till the last moment with you
As if nothing happened
As if i'm doing fine
I have to. ''

╭ ・ $$$ ― ― ― ― ― ― ― ― ― ― ―

Yume throws a threatening glare at Mikey, who looks at her in surprise.
As if telling him to stop moving, Yume walks towards Baji, who stands up out of nowhere.
''Mikey!'' He screams, letting blood come out of his mouth. Mikey, who had gotten on top of Kazutora, behind Yume's back, stops punching him.
''You got mad... just for me? Thanks, man.'' He says, as Chifuyu and Takemichi tell him to stop moving, scared that he would get more hurt.
Yume watches, frozen. She was hurt that her brother was injured. He was about to die, she could feel it in her heart. But she couldn't react. She wasn't crying, nor scared. She was numb.
It didn't feel real, everything was foggy as if it was an old movie she was watching in the comfort of her house.
Baji walks forward, as Yume stands next to Chifuyu, with her eyes open wide.
''I'm not gonna die... this wound... isn't gonna kill me! So don't worry about it, Kazutora.'' Baji says as he holds a knife in his hand. ''You...'' He starts talking as he raises the knife above his head with both his hands, sinking it inside his stomach. ''... are not... gonna kill me!'' He finished saying as he smiled.
Yume smiles, not knowing why. She just smiles, as she laughs. Everyone looks at her weirded out.
''Baji, this is not funny...'' She says as she walks towards him, as he falls into her arms. She holds him tightly, laughing. ''Stand up, nii-chan! This is not funny... it's not funny, Kazutora!'' She says loudly, suddenly getting angry. Her sudden mood swings scared Takemichi and Chifuyu, who stared at her in horror. Baji, who was used to it, just looked at her sadly.
''This is one of your pranks, right? This is fake blood... no? I'm tired of your pranks... Kazutora and you always prank me, I'm so sick of it, Baji!'' She says as he hits Baji on his shoulder, making Chifuyu hold her arm back, scared that she would hurt him more.
''Sorry... nee-san...'' Baji says as he laughs, seeing his sister's expression.
''Your face... looks so funny, nee-san... I'm sorry that this isn't... a joke... I really wish it was...'' He says softly, smiling at his older sister. Her expression darkens, as Chifuyu and Takemichi ask the boy why he did that.
''Takemitchy... come closer." He says weakly, as he walks towards him, kneeling next to Baji. "
Kisaki, is the enemy.'' Baji tells Takemichi with a serious expression, making Takemichi flinch.
''I can't tell you how I know... but nee-san knows everything... she will help you out, Takemitchy. Trust nee-san... she is the best sister... in the whole world...'' Baji lets out weakly.
''Kisaki is not... the third division captain! Toman was formed... by the six of us. No matter what happens... Pah's the only third division captain. Pah-chin... Mitsuya... Draken. Mikey. Kazutora. Toman's founding members... and Yume... are my treasure.'' Baji says as his eyes fill with tears, which makes Yume's mirror his action.
''I wanted to fix this on my own... but I couldn't. So I died on my own... Mikey has no reason to kill Kazutora now.'' Baji says as the tears dropped off his eyes, sliding down his cheeks.
Yume started crying in silence, feeling as Baji weakened in her arms.
''Baji... you're going to leave me... alone?'' She asks with a smile, her eyes filled with tears, staining her puffy cheeks, as Baji slowly nods.
''Sorry... nee-san... but I need to ask you something before I leave... please continue my mission... Onee-san... thank you for teaching me how to be a delinquent, and teaching me to be strong... you're the strongest person in this whole world... you're the only one... that can take Kisaki.'' He said, making Yume whimper. ''Nee-san... don't cry. Please, don't cry... I don't wanna leave being responsible for your tears...'' He said as he tried to wipe her tears, which made Yume wipe her tears, as she smiled. ''I'm not crying, nii-chan!'' She said as she laughed, even though a tear slipped out of the corner of her eye. ''Nee-san... thank you for raising me. I really love you... Baji Yume.'' He said as he smiled, holding her hand tightly.
Her heart felt like it had been shattered by these words. A burning pain raised in her heart, as her eyes stinged from crying.
''It's about time... I'm starting to hallucinate.'' Baji said as he panted.
''Takemichi. You remind me of Shinichiro-kun, somehow. Mikey... and Toman... I'm leaving them in your hands!'' He said, making Takemichi burst in tears. ''Don't say that, Baji-kun!'' He told him, as he tried to fight his tears, clenching his fists.
''... Chifuyu.'' "Yes?" "I'm dying for some peyoung yakisoba right now." Baji told Chifuyu, making him cry. "I'll go buy some right now." He replied, as his tears slid off his eyes, clenching his fists in anger. "We'll split it, right?" Baji asked with a grin, making Chifuyu nod as he sniffled.
''Thank you, Chifuyu..." He said lastly, as Yume felt her brother's body completely fall into her arms, and she felt as if Baji had left her her alone, sitting in the middle of the junkyard.
''Onii-chan?..." She asked, as her tears rushed out of her eyes, dropping on Baji's quiet body.
She started sobbing as she cupped his face with her hands.
"Don't leave me now, Onii-chan!" She screamed as she looked up at the sky with closed eyes, making everyone cry by her words.
"BAJI-SAN! AAAGH!" Chifuyu screamed, and Mikey started beating Kazutora as he heard Chifuyu's scream. "I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you." He repeated the words over and over, which made Yume's blood boil.
Yume wiped her tears, furious.
She left Baji on Chifuyu's lap, as she stood up.
She clenched her fists as she ripped the bottom of the dress off, showing the pants underneath it.
''I will kill you, MIKEY!" She screamed as she walked towards him, who stopped his action as he noticed the anger in the girl's voice, opening his eyes widely in surprise.
She pulled him from his hair, throwing him to the floor, as she started punching him with all her strength, breaking his nose.
"My brother has just died, and all you can do is hurt my other BROTHER?!" She screamed furiously as Takemichi walked over, pulling her off Mikey, who got punched by her, getting pushed against Toman's captains, falling on his back by the impact.
Mikey laid unconscious on the floor, as the girl walked towards Kazutora, who sat on the floor, with tears in his eyes as his nose and lips bled.
She brushed the hair off his face, caressing his cheek as her fists were bloody and injured, leaving stains on his face. He looked at her in fear, as this was the second time he had seen the girl almost kill for him.
''Tora... Baji... loved you. So I won't let anyone hurt you... I will forever protect you, no matter what you do. Kazutora... I forgive you... for hurting Baji. So please, don't feel guilty! You're the only thing I have left!" She said as she hugged him, kneeling in front of him, making the boy cry.
Mikey regained consciousness, as his face was bloody, and his vision was blurry, he picked up a charm from the floor next to him, immediately recognizing him. His face hurted like hell, but he couldn't just pass out in this moment. His soul wouldn't let him.
"Baji... held onto this charm... until the very last moment..." Mikey said out loud, making the founder member's smile as they cried quietly.
It was the charm they had bought the day when they founded Toman, and Baji was the one who was in charge of keeping it.
"I didn't create Toman... Baji did. 'If one gets hurt, we'll all protect them. I want a gang that's all for one, and one for all.' That's what our gang was founded on." Mikey said as he cried, sitting on the floor.
Kazutora and Yume cried in silence as they hugged each other, missing Baji already.
"I'm sorry... Mikey!" She said as she stood up, running to hug Mikey, who cried against her shoulder as she did. She wiped her tears off, her mood quickly changing. She was going to protect Baji's will, and respect his last wish. She was going to protect and save Toman.
She was going to be everyone's older sister, just like Baji wanted from the start.
She would take care of Mikey, Draken, Mitsuya, Pah, Kazutora, Chifuyu, Takemichi and everyone dear to Baji.
She patted Mikey's back as he decided to hug her back.
Sirens were heard, making everyone start running outside.
"Okay, break it up! Nice and easy!" Leanman exclaimed loudly.
"I'm staying with Baji. You guys go on... this is my fault. I want to take responsibility." Kazutora said, as Yume let go of Mikey.
"Nee-san... please don't leave me alone." Kazutora asked the girl as he let out one last tear with a smile, making Yume kiss the top of his head.
"I'll never leave you, Tora. I'll see you soon. I'm proud of you, this is the first step, Kazutora. I promise everything will get better... from now on." She said as she smiled sadly, feeling proud of the boy's decision. He was brave for it.
Baji would be proud of him too.
"Toman's leaving too!" Draken screamed, making all members start leaving.
"Mikey... I won't ask you to forgive me. I'll live my whole life with Shinichiro-kun and Baji's deaths... on my shoulders." Kazutora said, bowing at Mikey.
Mikey just walked away, along with the captains.
Yume hesitated, as he patted Kazutora's head before she ran away, not having anyone to give her a ride.

That was what was soon named 'The Bloody Halloween', where Toman and Valhalla fought, one hundred fifty men against three hundred. Resulting in one death and one arrest.

Yume walked through the streets, having nowhere to go. She was walking without a direction, slowly, as her feet ached.
She smiled as she walked, not feeling anything but the pain in her feet.
Her makeup was smeared, her hair was messy, and her dress was destroyed.
The Haitani brothers had her jacket, where her phone and money was in, and Baji was the one who held their house's keys.
She didn't want to see anyone, so she just walked.
She walked until her legs wanted to give up.
She sat at an alley, where she hugged her legs as she cried loudly, making everyone stare at her as they walked past the alley.
Taiju, who had gotten no news from her after the battle had started, worried over her, as Hakkai got home and he didn't know where the girl was.
So he ordered the Black Dragons to search for her all over the city, Hakkai joining them, as he explained Taiju what had happened.
They all rode their bikes all over the city, asking people if they had seen her.
Until Taiju got told by a homeless man that he had seen her sitting at a close by alley, making him run towards there.
"Yume!" He screamed as he saw her sitting in the alley, her dress ripped and her boots laying on the floor in front of her.
She looked up at him as her tears rolled down her cheeks, making Taiju notice her puffy red face.
"Taiju..." She whimpered, making the boy run towards her, as he crouched by her side.
"You did well, Yume... I'm here now, don't worry." He said softly as he rubbed her back, trying to comfort her.
But Taiju was a rough, cold boy.
Even if he let down all of his walls around Yume, it was still his nature.
He had never comforted anyone before, nor loved before. He didn't know how to act.
"Let's go home, shall we?" He says hesitantly, as the girl nods.
He then picks her up in bridal style, as she hugged his neck, crying against his chest.
He walked away from the alley, getting on his bike, putting his helmet on Yume as he sat her on the back of the bike.
He put her cold hands around him, so that she wouldn't fall.
Yume simply held him with barely any strength, as she was tired from today.
She closed her eyes, quickly drifting off to sleep as Taiju drove the bike towards his house.
She didn't even have strength to fear a bike ride anymore.
So she went visit Baji in her dreams, where he waited for her.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
i love baji so much :(