𝗖. 𝗦𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡.

'' What you holdin' on, holdin' on for?
If you wanna leave just leave
Why you wanna bite your tongue for?
The silence is killing me. ''

$$$ ― ― ― ― ― ― ― ― ― ― ―

Yume laid on the floor of her apartment, staring at the ceiling.
Taiju had moved in with her after that day, as the girl lived in constant fear that someone would come to her house to attack her again.
Though, they didn't talk at all.
It was as if Taiju was just her bodyguard.
They just had to live with each other in obligation, practically.
He spent most of the time in the backyard, learning how to fix bikes and reading books about business management and related topics.
They weren't alright with each other.
Taiju was hurt by what had happened to Yume, and he wanted to help her, but he didn't know how.
The girl didn't let him touch her, and she only replied with short answers.
"Yume, do you wanna watch a movie?" "No."
"Yume, are you hungry? I'll make dinner." "Okay."
"Yume, do you need anything from the shop?" "No."
"I will be going out with my friends today." "Okay."
"Yume, did take my phone charger?" "Yes."
Was how their conversations went most of the time. They only exchanged words they needed to due to living together.
Yume was clearly traumatized by what happened to her, and she wasn't allowing anyone to help her.
Hakkai and Yuzuha were the only ones who knew.
She had a strict routine now, everyday.
She would wake up at five in the morning, step in the bathroom and shower.
She would throw a tracksuit on and go running, then around eight in the morning she would come back, and take another shower.
Then, she would lay on the floor staring at the ceiling as she listened music on their radio, that sat next to their TV, until Taiju woke up, as the boy now used to wake up quite late.
They also slept on separate beds, Taiju slept on the floor, on a futon, while Yume slept on the double bed in the bedroom.
Then, she would stand up and clean the whole house, and then take another shower.
She would then watch TV in silence without blinking, until she got tired.
Then, she would get their dumbbells laying at the living room and work out for a while, while Taiju watched TV, or if he was out, she would listen to music again.
Taiju would sometimes join the girl if he was home.
Before bedtime, she would take one long bath, and get in bed at only eight.
The girl had developed an obsession with taking showers and bathing, and it worried Taiju.
It's impossible that her actions could be healthy in any way.
But the girl couldn't help it.
She felt dirty, all the time.
Everyday, she would feel dirty as she remembered that one night.
She blamed herself.
'It's because I went out by myself that night. Because I wore a tight small dress. Because I took drugs. Because I was surrounded by males all alone. Because I let my guard down.' She could come up with one hundred ways to blame herself and her actions, but the truth is that it wasn't her fault.
She just wanted to party, like a normal sixteen years old teenager.
She just wanted to enjoy her life, have fun and dance with her friends.
But they weren't her friends. They were criminals, who she didn't know.
She wasn't in the wrong for trusting them, after all, they had lied and betrayed her.
She had just fallen into a trap, like anyone else would.
Like the invincible Mikey would, like Taiju would, like Takemichi would.
She didn't take the drugs. They forced her.
It wasn't because she was alone. It was because they had ganged on her, like thirsty hienas.
She didn't let her guard down.
She knew, and she had escaped. She had survived.
But was it worth it? Was it worth escaping? Now that she had to deal with these feelings everyday, unable to escape them, was it worth it? Maybe she should've given up that night, she kept thinking.
But if she had given up that day, what would've happened to her friends?
She didn't want to think about it.
Because maybe they would've died the day Kakucho attacked them.
They all counted on her, to help them win the coming up battle.
And she would win it for them. She would take revenge, and regain her happiness.
She would take back her womanhood.
Because she hadn't given it away.
They had stolen it, and she was going to take it back. Even if deep inside, her womanhood was still inside of her.
Because she was a woman fighting to stay alive, to overcome her issues.
She would become a strong and confident woman, just like she had dreamed of her whole life.
That's what womanhood is.