𝗖. 𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡.

'' You've been shining
Like, diamonds blinding
You've been proving
You're superhuman. ''

$$$ ― ― ― ― ― ― ― ― ― ― ―

Toman had reunited once again, for an emergency meeting.
The war was starting.
They were going to fight Tenjiku on the twenty second of february.
Though, on the way to the meeting, Mitsuya and Smiley had gotten attacked by Tenjiku's members, getting hit with a pipe behind their backs.
They were laying unconscious on the hospital, and Hakkai had told everyone to use dirty tricks, just like Tenjiku had done. Because it was clear, that Tenjiku would attack anytime with anything they could.
So why shouldn't they?
But Mikey stopped them, telling them that he was there. Even if not all the captains were there, Mikey would fight with them.
So would Yume.
Dirty tricks weren't needed. That wasn't how Toman fights.
They fight with their fists, as they stand proudly and confidently in front of their enemies.

That same day, Takemichi, Inui and Yume had decided to visit Shinichiro's grave.
Yume had asked Takemichi to become the leader of her attack squad in Black Dragons, which he accepted. So Inui took him to present him to their founder leader.
There, Mikey had also arrived, as it was the Black Dragons anniversary.
He always went to visit his big brother on their anniversary, since he was the founder.
But to their surprise... Izana also arrived there. After all, Shinichiro was his brother too.
Mikey ordered Takemichi to take Emma away, while Yume waited outside for Takemichi and Inui. Inui stood next to Mikey, in case things went downhill.
But Izana hadn't come to fight this once.
Yume didn't like visiting Shinichiro, as she felt tremendously guilty, since she had helped the Black Dragons go down the wrong path.
She wasn't ready to face him just yet.
"Ash!" Emma exclaimed as she recognized the girl.
Emma and Yume had grown together, even if they weren't best friends.
Mikey had asked Yume to help her feel welcomed, when her mother had dropped her off at Mikey's house.
And she did so, becoming close with Emma soon after, who gave her the name of Ash. Because Mikey and Baji had put english names on theirselves, thinking Emma would feel at home, since she had a foreign name. So she quickly gave Yume an english nickname, thinking she would feel left out otherwise.
"Emma, it's been a while." Yume said as she grinned at her, as she kept her hands in her pockets.
"Yeah! You don't visit anymore..." Emma said as he pouted, making Yume laugh awkwardly.
"I've been busy, Emma." She tries to excuse, but Emma shakes her head.
"You're never busy to visit your friends!" She said as she clinged on Yume's arm, as she then told Yume about Mikey and Izana being inside the graveyard.
As Emma talked sweetly of Mikey, saying that she would always defend him and help him, Takemichi realized something important.
If Emma was by his side, helping him with his dark impulses, how had Mikey fallen to them in the future? Could it be, that Emma had died in the past? He thought to himself as his eyes widened.
He was right. That must've been it.
Just as he realized that, a bike was heard, driving at maximum speed.
Takemichi saw the guy on the bike, quickly recognizing him.
"Kisaki?!" He exclaims, as Kisaki proceeds to scream as he swings a baseball bat at Emma, as to which Yume quickly reacts, jumping in front of Emma.
A thud is heard, as the girl wearing her school's uniform falls to the floor.
"ASH!" Emma screams as she runs towards the girl who was sent flying away from her, as tears fill her eyes.
Yume had just protected Emma, taking the hit for her.
"YUME-CHAN!" Takemichi screams, as Emma holds the girl on her lap, while blood drips from the girl's head.
Just then, Mikey walks out of the graveyard, as he notices Yume laying on Emma's lap.
"Yume-chan?" He says as he opens his eyes widely, walking towards them.
"I'm sorry, Mikey-kun, Inupi! I..." Takemichi says as he bites his lips, seeing his friend laying unconscious. He had failed to protect her, once again.
"A bike came... and they were going to hit me with a bat... but Yume jumped in, shielding me..." Emma says as she sobs, holding Yume's head.
"It was Kisaki..." Takemichi says, as Mikey suddenly bends over next to them, showing their back at them.
"Emma! Get her up here!" He says, as Emma lifts her up, struggling.
She places Yume on his back, as they run towards the hospital all together.
"Don't worry, Yume-chan. We'll be reaching the hospital soon. Don't think you can go see Baji just yet!" Mikey says, as if the girl was hearing his words.
As he says that, the girl opens her eyes, suddenly whining.
"What happened...? I can't move my arms..." She says as her voice is weak, surprising all of them.
"Emma... is she okay...?" She asks, as Emma quickly holds her hand, running to the side the girl was facing to.
"Thank you... Ash! You took the hit for me... I'll always remember this day!" Emma says as tears fall off her eyes, scared that the girl would now die because of her fault.
"Mikey... why are you carrying me? I used to be... the one that carried Baji and you... whenever you passed out at the park, tired from fighting each other all day..." She says as she giggles softly, remembering her childhood days.
She had to carry Mikey on her back and Baji in her arms, since the two boys would always fall asleep on the park's bench, exhausted from chasing each other and fighting all day long. Her knees were about to give up with each step she took towards Mikey's house.
From doing so, the girl's legs became strong, as it was a daily occurrence.
"You're the one who passed out today... Yume-chan. So don't worry about it! I'm repaying you now!" Mikey says as he smiles softly, remembering the days he used to spend with Baji and Yume at the park next to their house.
"Thank you... Mikey. Do you think I'll... be fine?" She asks as tears fill her eyes, scared of death for the first time in her life.
Just when life was finally shining on her, Kisaki had once away taken the light away from her.
"Dumbass, of course you'll be fine! You're Baji Yume! No one has ever beaten you! So don't let Kisaki win!" Mikey says as he screams, making the girl nod her head softly, almost not moving at all.
"Takemichi... if anything happens to me... please save me again, okay? Make sure... that Hakkai and Taiju don't fight again... and tell Chifuyu my bike is his... he's been nagging me everyday... over me taking Baji's bike..." She says as she giggles once again, making Takemichi cry as he nods.
"Yume-chan... don't say that! You'll get married to Taiju and have a baby with him, just like it was supposed to happen! Hold on there! I promise I'll protect your future!" Takemichi says as everyone starts crying, as the girl closes her eyes.
But her body... doesn't go cold.
Yume just decided to save her strength, so that she can live for a little longer.
She would fight, and she wouldn't let Kisaki win this fight.
'I promise... Baji. I will win this war! We won't meet just yet!' Yume thinks as she gives up, and her vision becomes black.
Little did she know, she had just saved Mikey from falling deeper into his darkness.
She had saved Toman, with a brave move that she didn't think through.
From saving Emma, she had saved Mikey's dark impulses from drowning him.