XXIX

RUSLAN VETROV

I had a rule book thick as my dick when it came to women and it was specific. I had three goddamn rules. Never let them stay the night. Don't fuck with the same woman in a row. And fucking don't bring them to your goddamn house.

Elena fucking Cassano apparently didn't adhere to those rule. She obliterated it.

I hated the hold she had on me, how weak I was for her but I couldn't stop it. If I was a better man, I would stay away from her.

But I wasn't.

I glanced over at the Italian girl who sat on the kitchen counter and looked at her. Really looked at her for the first time, not just with stolen glances from the head of the dining table, or over my scotch glass during Sunday luncheons.

Her long achingly smooth-looking legs were crossed and between them were a tub of strawberry ice cream. She was on her phone, playing a word game.

I couldn't stop watching her. My eyes always found a way to follow her whenever she was in the room.

Her husky laugh, pouty red lips, and those goddamn soft eyes. It almost hurt looking at her at times. I couldn't stand it. She was fucking perfect.

I craved her so much that it ached. Bled through every part of me. No matter what I told myself, no matter how many times I wanted to fuck the shit out of the little Cassano, I wanted to devour her soul. Taste it dripping from my lips. And then come back for seconds.

The first time I met her, she glared. The second time, she had thrown her shoes at me. Red stilettos.

Elena Cassano was everything I wanted to avoid. Messy, carefree, and improper. She was everything I couldn't have and everything I wanted. And she had sucked my dick like my little slut.

"You still fawning over that Italian girl?" The low voice asked over the phone. Fawning, no. Addicted, yes. "Isn't she married?"

My jaw clenched in thought as I watched Elena scoop another spoonful of ice cream. She licked the creamy cold liquid dripping across her bottom lip and closed her eyes.

"Nyet." I responded to the second question. "Her husband died."

Thank fucking god.

The voice chuckled roughly. "You killed that one as well?"

My voice was a low growl. "Nyet."

I hadn't gotten a chance to kill her fourth husband because she took care of it. Smart girl. I killed her second husband and third husband.. and whoever the fuck got in my way.

        I couldn't bear to think of someone else putting their fucking hands on what was mine. And her next husband.. whatever idiot it was, I had plans for him.

Whenever I wanted something, I took it. And I fucking wanted her. A lot.

        I wished I could have said I killed her cousin, Romeo and every other man in her life because they talked too damn much and my trigger finger was itchy but it would be a fucking lie. Even if that was what I told her papà.