XLVIII

you'll hate me first then love me later:)

ELENA CASSANO

We'd flown back the next week after he told me everything about his mission with the Bratva.

        Before I'd met Sin, I'd been worried about my father's reaction to everything but now that I knew Ruslan Vetrov, this man was scarier than the devil himself. It was eerily how quiet he could be at times yet his cruelty would hit you like a knife twisting deep in your stomach.

        He wanted to be in control of everything, and always made sure he wielded a certain amount of power. And I knew now that I would do anything for this man. Anything he wished because of the way he gazed at me. Like it was taking everything in his muscle to keep himself from kissing me. From devouring me and stripping me bare.

        As soon as we landed in New York, he didn't even ask if I would come home with him, the man took my hand in his and dragged me towards the area of his car and drove us home.

        We spent the night talking about life and the movie Clueless was quietly playing in the background. Every second or so, he would suddenly go quiet, share a deep look with me like I was a glorified statue and shake his head with a smile.

        I noticed he didn't talk much outside but when we were together, behind closed doors, every single laugh and smile belonged to me.

I'd been two weeks since we'd stabilized into a routine and everyone knew I was his. My father knew of my relationship with Ruslan and after knowing Ruslan held the cards, he knew he was powerless against my decision. My decision was Ruslan. And there was nothing he could do to tear us apart.

I had once thought that Sin didn't deserve me but after everything that happened but I was now learning I was the one that didn't deserve this man.

He had a good heart, but kept it buried under layers of attitude and a million curse words. I had learned years earlier that no one could damage what they didn't know you had and because his heart became his best-kept secret, but at times, there was a chink in his armor. The chink which I was learning was I.

He wasn't a good man. He was a murderer.. a thief and psychopath but he showed me what a soft man he could be towards me.

Especially when it was the two of us alone.

        The sky was only turning gray over New York's skyline when I woke up front my sleep. I was lying beside him, curled into his chest, my naked breasts pressed against his hot skin. His eyes were closed. The man was asleep. Breathing heavily against my skin.

        He had been sleeping all morning refusing to wake up. Usually, he would be the one awake first, but he was lying on the bed wrapped around my body. His schedule was never interrupted. It was a good morning kiss, morning sex, shower, shower sex, and he would leave for his meetings which happened around 8:00 am.

        He was never late. Never missed a routine. And now here he was. Late.

        I wasn't complaining. I never got to see past the amusing expression and intimating glare he wore except when he was asleep. His soft expression burnt a hole in my chest as I watched him quietly grunt in his sleep. Shifting carefully, I propped my head on my hand and studied the man who graced my bed.

        His arms were wrapped around me, showing off his chiseled biceps and a muscular back adorned with scratches from my nails, and scars. There were scratches from where I'd gripped his ass last night, turned on by the feel of it as he fucked me relentlessly.