XLIX

RUSLAN VETROV

Dark—midnight-black strands spilled down her back in messy ringlets of hair. So much fucking hair that it completely framed her face, tickling the sides of my arm and reached her ass.

        I always loved her hair but I wondered how she maintained it at times. Not that I was complaining.

For some reason I suddenly wanted to wash her hair, to braid it, to take care of it for her. Ah fuck.

Her small, warm body was practically molded to mine, her sleeping face was resting against my chest and the whole weight of her body was on top of my body.

        She moved slightly and adjusted herself so her legs were tangled in between mine and the sheets were wrapped around us completely. And then went back to sleep again.

We'd spend the whole day in bed yesterday, and talked about everything. All of our interests and our colliding likes and dislikes.

        I'd basically known everything about her for a while now but I'd enjoyed letting her in my life. Sharing all of my little ticks and secrets.

The pleased look on her face was something I always looked forward to. The thing about Elena was that she was not judgmental. She accepted everyone and everything with open arms but also had a failsafe in order to protect her heart.

My Elena was smart, almost wicked in that aspect but I knew she'd dancing circles around the name of her rapist. I knew who it was.

        I had known for a while now but I needed confirmation first. Because if it was who I thought, there would be hell raining down in the Cassano's household.

At least more hell than I had displayed earlier.

When I learned the truth about her father's involvement, I wasn't shocked. I knew he was that fucked up in the brain to blame a rape of a young girl's on her, and I knew there was no way he would walk free for that.

        I'd drove down to the Cassano's mansion—for the first time since we'd gotten back, found Luca sitting all big and bad in his chair and given him the worst beating of his life.

Almost came close to shooting him but I figured I would let my baby handle that later.

Elena stirred in my arms again but this time, I felt her fingers reaching up towards my thick hair and brush through it. I wasn't sure if it was intentional but the quiet mumbling from her lips told me it was just a subconscious motion.

        My tatted hand rested on her ass, gently drawing circles on her left ass cheek and another hand was on my phone, scrolling through my missed emails.

The girl was addicting, I could waste a whole day in bed and sleep away if she begged me with those soft green eyes. I didn't know how to say no to her.

        It was practically impossible when she sat on my bed, in my clothes and flashed that warm smile. With those fuck-me eyes and flushed cheeks. How could I choose work over her?

Fuck.

We'd showered together and eaten breakfast earlier and she'd fallen back asleep for a short nap as I finished working. I shifted my head and took a long glance at the clock.