Chapter 3.

Chapter 3.

Throughout the dinner I felt out of place, when I got extremely bored I excused myself to go to the washroom. I didn't actually go to the washroom but to the open hallway between the dining area and entrance and looked out of the open window. The city looked alive at night, I stood there taking in the fresh air and beautiful view.

"You know your father started thinking that you got kidnapped" I turned around and saw Lorenzo walking to the window with his hands in pocket and stood opposite me leaning to the window mirroring me. I smiled and looked back to the window.

"Have I been here for that long?" He looked at his watch and pretended to count numbers and that was hilarious. "You have pretty much been here for twenty minutes" woah has it been that long!

"I was feeling out of place there so I made an excuse to get out" he nodded, "Well do you think I volunteered to find you just for the sake of finding you? I too wanted to get out the place" I laughed and gave a thumbs up.

"Why did you feel uncomfortable at the table?" this question had a simple answer, "I don't like when someone continuously gives me unwanted compliments like my parents were doing and sorry to tell this but I barely even know your family and the way my father was sharing personal stuff with them made me uncomfortable. Interrupting my father would not stop anything and make the situation weird so let them continue their chat while I'm not listening to them"

"First you don't need to apologize because I do know that you met my family today for the first time and you don't know them and second how about we go somewhere to skip rest of the dinner and I'll show you around?"

"Sure I'd love that but you know you're new to me too and I don't think it's logical to go with someone you don't know." I said with a wink and chuckle.

"Well then get to know me" HE SAID SMIRKING. I laughed and rolled my eyes. "okay but what will you tell to the ones sitting in there?" he thought for a few seconds looking into my eyes and then said, "That I have to go to a unplanned meeting and you say that you are tired so then I'll say that I'll drop you home before going to office?" I smiled at his plan but made a little change, "So you go to a 'meeting' while I go to 'sleep'? No that sounds like I'm lazy so I'll instead tell that I have an important document to send and it's at home. I said smirking and he chuckled, "Okay".

Make sure to like, share, comment and rate :)