Chapter 18.

Chapter 18

Lorenzo's POV

I threw the gun across the room and kissed her, thinking of her dead like the people in this room horrified me. I hugged her in the tightest hug and didn't let go until she stopped trying to get off and calmed down. After she stopped throwing her hands I released her and kissed her forehead.

"Come on, it's not safe here"
"But what about the funeral?"
"I called the ambulance from an unknown number, they'll call you since you're their daughter and then you can arrange a funeral"

She looked soo tired, I grabbed her hand and led through the doors to the car. She fell asleep and once in my house I picked her up without waking her and put her on the couch. She hadn't eaten or drunk anything so I made a bowl of soup for her and woke her up.

"Thank you" "No need for that, Ira"

She slept in the guest room while I slept in my bedroom. I couldn't stop my mind from thinking about her. I got off my bed and walked to her room, the door was slightly left open so I peeked to see inside. I expected her to be sleeping but she was sitting on a couch facing the window and pulling her knees to her chest, from the angle I could see was her side profile and even in dark it looked like she is crying. I knocked and she whispered 'come in'.

"Hi" "Hi Enzo" "How are you feeling?" "My face must be saying it all" shw wasn't wrong, she had tear stains on her cheeks, her eyes were red and lashes were teary. I pulled her to my chest and hugged her. "Thank you Enzo" "Don't thank me because you're in this mess because of me in the first place" "No, it was my mistake. Not yours, I should have minded my own business" She stood up and laid down on her bed, "Come" I walked to her and she patted on the spot beside her. I smiled and got on the bed. "Your presence is comforting, you know that?" I must be blushing, I pulled her to my chest and kissed her forehead. She fell asleep while I kept looking at her beautiful, innocent face. The way her black waves fell on her face and those perfect lips that I love kissing. I moved a tiny bit in my place and fell asleep with her wrapped around my arms.