1. Staff Meetings ♔

***************
| King of Hearts |
***************
By: Janae Destiny

*
*
*

Sunday, May 30th
Ethereal Miami Club

"Why you got me outta bed before noon?" Kiara asked the second she walked into her office, where her club manager was already waiting on her. "You know I didn't get home until after six this morning."

Because Kiara was running on only about four hours of sleep, she didn't even bother spending time making herself look presentable that morning. She had a scarf tied around her hair because her lace was not cooperating, and was wearing a pair of sweatpants, a hoodie, and some Yeezy slides.

"Good morning Kiara," Chantal, the club manager, completely ignored her question.

"Good morning Chantal," she pulled out her desk chair and sat down. "What did you call and wake me up for?"

"Because we have our monthly staff meeting... that you forgot about, didn't you?"

"I didn't forget," Kiara opened up her MacBook to open up the doc she had created for the meeting. "I just thought it was tomorrow. It's always the last Monday of the month."

Why is it always on Mondays? Because that's the first day they all have off during the week since the club is only open from Thursday to Sunday.

"I sent out an email last week."

"I must've missed it. You shoulda told me one of the days I was here. You shoulda reminded me last night."

"I did," Chantal crossed her arms over her chest. "Multiple times."

"I'm sorry," Kiara rubbed her temples. She drank last night, perhaps a little bit too much, and was still feeling the effects of her hangover. "Where is everyone?"

"Some of them are already in the break room. We still waiting on a few more people though," Chantal got up from the chair she was sitting in. "And we also have those open auditions for new dancers today too."

"God," Kira rolled her eyes. That's probably the one thing she hates doing the most. Even though the dancers are what attracts the most people to her club, she doesn't mess with them because a lot of them are always on some bullshit when it comes to her. "I have to be here for that?"

"I guess you technically don't."

"Good, then you and Luna can handle all of that."

"You don't wanna be part of the weeding process? You don't want a say in what new girls we hire?"

"Not particularly," Kiara pushed away from her desk and picked up her MacBook.

The pair left Kiara's office and walked to the break room where everyone was waiting on her and the managers to start the meeting. There were still a few people missing, but Kiara didn't have the time to wait on them.

"Good morning everyone," Kiara sat her open MacBook on one of the tables in the break room.

"Morning," everyone in the room half mumbled, probably still half asleep because Saturdays are their longest nights.

"Does anyone have anything they want to say before we get started with this meeting?"

One girl, their newest dancer, raised her hand.