19. Phone Calls ♔︎

***************
| King of Hearts |
***************
By: Janae Destiny

*
*
*

When Kiara made it back to the condo with Marco and Cameron, she ended up spending the entire rest of the day with Monie and the kids.

They went down to the beach, just like Ava wanted, and while the kids were playing in the water and helping Ava construct the sand castle she'd been talking about, Kiara and Monie were relaxing on a blanket under a large umbrella. Monie was sitting up with her legs crossed so she could properly keep an eye on Ava, and Kiara was laying down with her head on Monie's lap while holding a book up to her face.

"I don't know why you hate wearing your glasses so much. You look so cute and innocent wearing them."

"I am cute and innocent," Kiara closed her book and looked up at Monie.

"You act innocent, but I don't know if I really believe that."

"Why you say that?"

"King, you own a fucking strip club for one."

"So that means I can't still be innocent?"

"Your innocence left the second you sat in front of your father and told him you wanna see half-naked women dancing on poles every night for the rest of your life."

"Alright now," Kiara laughed at how Monie explained it. "That's definitely not how the conversation went. Like at all. But he was super supportive of it from the beginning. I'll give him that."

"What was his initial reaction when you first told him you wanted to open up a strip club?"

"He was real chill about it. He just told me how much work it would be, which I already knew. But I had a lot of help getting started. You know Chantal, the club manager?"

"Yeah," Monie nodded her head. "What about her?"

"We went to college together, she was a business major too so we clicked almost immediately. And I'm not even joking when I say Ethereal Miami or the Euphoria Hookah Lounge wouldn't have been possible without her. She's really my backbone in all of this."

"I see that, and I really like Chantal. She actually texted me earlier asking if I was okay because house mom Darci told her I went home sick."

"Yeah, she's like that. She's amazing really. I love her."

Monie thought it was adorable how highly Kiara speaks about Chantal. Kiara has a genuine love for the people who work for/with her, and it shows. She might be very strict, but she has a very loving and caring aura that balances it out.

"You're not like any club owner I've ever met before, you know that?"

"I'll take that as a compliment," Kiara laughed.

"It's definitely a compliment. But there is something I been wondering though."

"And what's that?"

"I know I've already asked why you chose to open a strip club of all things, but were you ever a dancer?"

"No, I was never a dancer."