4. Dinner Dates ♔

***************
| King of Hearts |
***************
By: Janae Destiny

*
*
*

"You didn't think I'd want coffee too?" Luna asked when she got into Kiara's SUV and saw her empty cup of ice sitting in the cupholder.

"I didn't care that you'd want coffee," Kiara replied. "That's the difference."

"You're mean as hell," Luna said as she buckled her seatbelt.

"I'm really not, but okay. I only got it cause I had shit to do before I came to pick you up and I'm tired as hell."

"Kiara, don't even talk to me about being tired. At least you left early and got some sleep. I ain't even went to sleep yet. I came home to shower and get ready just to go out all over again."

"Nobody told you to be out all fucking night with whoever the fuck that nigga even was."

"You know damn well you know his name," Luna rolled her eyes.

"Fine. Nobody told you to be out all fucking night with Rowan Williams."

"Rowan Williams is on his way to being one of the most talked-about basketball players in the NBA league, so yeah I spent a lil time with him. And he's fine as fuck, so what about it?"

"He is fine," Kiara nodded her head in agreement. Rowan is attractive, and even she could admit that. "Not fine enough to have you weak in the knees after one lil night together though. Y'all ain't even go on a date or even talk for two seconds before you dropping your panties for him."

"This isn't the fifties Kiara," Luna rolled her eyes. "It's okay to fuck without being courted first. But I think you seem to have forgotten about that."

"Now you know damn well you don't wanna go there with me Luna. I'll air your shit out."

"I'm just saying," the girl shrugged, brushing her long body wave curls back behind her shoulder. "Maybe you need a bitch to finally blow your back out one good time. You been more tense than usual lately."

"I'm not tense, I'm stressed. There's a difference. Not that you would know, cause you think sex fixes every fucking thing."

"Cause it does," Luna pulled a tube of Dior lipgloss out of her purse and applied it to her already glossed lips. "What you stressed about though."

"The fact that you don't ever do your job for one. You know I'm in the process of opening up another location meaning you need to be helping Chantal out more, yet you don't do shit."

"I don't know what y'all problem is. The club basically runs itself."

"It actually doesn't. Like... at all," Kiara tried not to get upset with her sister. "You just don't realize it because everyone except you does what they're supposed to."

"Fineee. I'll start picking up the slack, my God," Luna huffed as if she were annoyed that people want her to do her job. A job in which she gets paid for, yet doesn't take seriously even a little bit.

"You know I'm not forcing you to work in my club, right? You can always go find you another job if you don't wanna do the work."

"You've always been so funny Kiara," Luna laughed a lot louder than Kiara appreciated. "Now you know I'm not going nowhere."

"That's the problem," she said very matter of factly. "Luna I'm tryna be on my boss shit this year, and if you ain't with that, you'll no longer be working at my club or at any future businesses of mine. You do realize that, right?"