18. Privacy ♔︎

***************
| King of Hearts |
***************
By: Janae Destiny

*
*
*

"I forgot this shit was in my hair," Kiara said as she took the clips out and then started to unravel each braid when they made it to her parents' house.

"You don't want your family to see how pretty Ava did your hair?" Marco teased her.

She just rolled her eyes at him as she continued undoing each braid.

"I know you most likely won't," Kiara started. "But don't tell nobody where my parents' house is at. Don't take no pictures to send to your friends, don't post nothing about being here on your story, none of that. Cause my daddy don't play that shit. And I'm being deadass serious."

"Got it," Marco nodded his head. "I wouldn't do no shit like that anyway. I respect people's privacy. I ain't even told my friends where we moved to cause Monie don't want her baby daddy to know where we at."

"So he don't know his daughter is here?"

"Nope. And he only pretends to care about Ava anyway. He don't actually give a shit about her. That fuck ass nigga," Marco scoffed.

"You don't like him?"

"Fuck no, I don't like him. I've known the nigga since I was like seven and I knew he was a bitch even then."

"Well at least you ain't gotta worry bout him as much now," Kiara settled on because she wasn't sure how else to respond to that without getting too much into their personal business. Especially when Aiden is not someone they should be discussing at all when Monie isn't around.

"Hopefully," Marco mumbled under his breath.

"Alright, let's go," Kiara finally turned the car off after taking all of the braids out of her hair and fluffing it back out.

As the two were getting out of Kiara's car, Keenan King was pulling up in his BMW 8 series.

"Yo, that's your pops?" Marco whispered to Kiara.

"Yup," Kiara got out of her car and stood next to it while she waited for her father to get out of his.

He took his time getting out of the car because he was on the phone when he pulled up. But when he noticed Kiara was waiting on him, he cut the phone conversation short and got out to greet his daughter and the young boy standing next to her.

"Hey daddy," Kiara crossed her arms over her chest as he walked towards them.

"Wassup baby girl," he leaned in and gave his daughter a kiss on the cheek. "You aight? Why you got your arms folded like that?"

"I'm fine," but she never did uncross her arms when she said it.

"You still mad at me?"

"No."

And she wasn't lying either. She wasn't mad at him, or anyone for that matter.

"Mmhm," Keenan hummed. "We gone talk about all this later tonight. All of us, the whole family."

"I'm busy tonight."

"Well can you become un-busy?"

"That's not how that works. I already made plans."

"What you doing that's so important?" He asked.

"What you was doing in Atlanta that was so important?"

"Aight, chill out," Keenan said as he glanced over at Marco because he didn't want Kiara to say too much in front of him. "And who is this? He a friend of Cameron or sumn?"