7. Lap Dance ♔︎

***************
| King of Hearts |
***************
By: Janae Destiny

*
*
*

"I uhm... me and the kids had a lot of fun hanging out with you today," Monie held onto the front door while Kiara stood out in the hallway.

They ended up spending the entire day together, which was very unexpected for both of them. After breakfast and their little trip to the mall, Kiara showed Monie and the kids around some of Miami's hotspots before deciding to go to a dine-in theatre to watch some new Pixar movie Ava has been talking about nonstop for over a week.

"I had a lot of fun chillin with y'all too," Kiara nodded her head in agreement. "It's been a while since I had fun without drinking and partying being involved."

"You should hang out with us more often then," Monie laughed, even though she wasn't at all joking. "Because between Ava and Marco, they definitely keep me out the house."

"Maybe I should," Kiara laughed too. "But it's getting late and I know you gotta get Ava ready for bed so..." she awkwardly shoved her hands into the back pockets of her jeans.

"So, I'll see you at work on Thursday?"

"Yeah, I guess I'll see you Thursday," Kiara nodded her head. "G'night Monie."

"Good night Kiara," she responded, only closing the door when Kiara turned around and started walking off towards the elevators.

And Monie stood there for a while, just staring at the closed door, like a part of her was hoping Kiara would come walking back through it if she waited a little bit longer.

"You like her-?"

"My God," Monie jumped when Marco very unexpectedly popped up behind her. "What the actual fuck is your problem bruh?"

"I could ask you the same thing," he continued munching on the bag of hot fries he was holding in his hands. "Why you get scared so easily?"

"Why you always randomly popping up on me?" She walked away from the door and went to the kitchen to warm up her leftover food because she was a little hungry.

She was supposed to be getting Ava ready for bed since it was already past her bedtime, but Monie was in no rush. Ava was quietly practicing her letters and handwriting in front of the TV, so Monie just left her alone.

"It's not really random, but okay," Marco followed her. "What we really needa talk about is why you was just staring at the door after Kiara left. Cause don't tell me you like her already."

"Why? Do you like her?"

"Shiiit," he smirked because the answer to that was very obviously yes. "If she's willing to wait three years until I turn 18, then so am I."

"Don't get slapped."

"I'm just playing... sort of. But you still ain't answer my question."

"I do not like her Marco. What the hell?"

"I'm just asking. Cause I know yo ass fall in love in like two seconds."