17. Lazy Sunday ♔︎

***************
| King of Hearts |
***************
By: Janae Destiny

*
*
*

They decided to have a very chill, lazy Sunday, which Monie appreciated so much more than anyone truly realized. She was able to sleep in for the first time in a very long time. And although it wasn't much, it was definitely needed to recharge both her mind and her body.

Kiara helped out a lot too, giving Monie a chance to really just sit back and relax, something that is unheard of for her. Kiara offered to take Marco to the barber so that Monie wouldn't have to leave and even helped them clean up around the house.

And normally Monie would refuse that kind of help, simply because she's not used to it and has been hyper-independent her entire life, but she didn't have it in her to fight about it. If Kiara wanted to help her out of the kindness of her heart, then she didn't see a problem with letting her.

"I really look good as fuck," Marco wouldn't stop looking at his own reflection after he came back from getting his hair cut and shaped up. He had to let it be known with every single mirror or reflective item he passed.

"Yeah, and you're vain as fuck too," Monie said as she threw a pillow at him. "I'm supposed to be helping you make your bed, but I'm the only one doing shit. Please focus."

"My bad," he picked the bare pillow up from the floor and put a fresh pillowcase on it. "I just gotta let it be known. Just wait til the ladies see me. They not gonna be able to resist this."

"Resist what?" Monie scrunched her face up in pure disgust.

"You making that face, but the older girls really love me. They was all over a nigga freshman year."

"Older? Like how much older?"

"Just older. Juniors and seniors," he shrugged as if it were normal for 17/18 year olds to be trying to get with a 14/15 year old. "Even this one college girl hit me up in my DM's not too long ago."

"And why I ain't hear about this until just now?"

"I gotta tell you about every single girl I come across?"

"I thought we tell each other everything, so yeah. Why we keeping secrets now?"

"It wasn't a secret. It just wasn't that big a deal for me to say nothing."

"Marco, it's very much a big deal," Monie paused on making the bed and looked at him very seriously. "It's a huge deal that grown ass women are looking at you in that kind of way."

"They ain't grown. She was like 19."

"And you're only fifteen. It wouldn't be okay for a 19 year old nigga to be messing with a 15 year old girl, so why is this situation any different?"

"It just is. I don't know how to explain it."

"You be out here fucking these girls?"

Marco just responded to her question by laughing because he thought that was a random turning point in their conversation.

"I'm being deadass serious right now. Marco, do you be having sex with these girls?"

"Monie, why does that matter?" He whined because he really didn't want to answer the question.

"It matters because you're only fifteen and I needa know if you're out here being safe about it or not."

"I know to use condoms and all that shit already," he mumbled.

"That's not what I'm talking about. I'm not just talking about condoms. You're tall as hell, you're a very handsome young man, and you're a good basketball player. I know it may not seem like it, but there's a lot of older girls that take advantage of young boys like you. And I don't want that to happen to you. Ever."