6. Beach Fronts ♔

***************
| King of Hearts |
***************
By: Janae Destiny

*
*
*

"Hi mommy," Ava greeted her the second she walked through the hotel room door.

"Hi, baby," she went and kissed her daughter on the forehead before doing anything else.

"Hey Monie," Marco greeted her too.

"Hey Marco," she immediately took her heels off because her feet were killing her, and then her jewelry right afterward.

"How was dinner?" he asked her.

"It was really good actually. And I got some good news for y'all."

"Can't be that good cause I don't see no to-go bag in your hands."

"All your fat ass thinks about is food, but this is more important than that."

"Doubt that, but what is it?" He was leaning up against the headboard of his bed, texting God knows who on his phone.

"We're leaving in the morning," Monie ran her fingers through her hair before pulling it back into a low ponytail.

"Leaving?" Marco got a little bit too excited to hear that. "We're finally going back home?"

"If you talking about back to Chicago, then no. That's not what I meant. I mean leaving as in leaving the hotel."

"And going where?"

"To a condo in Miami Beach."

"Miami beach? Monie stop playing," Marco laughed. "Cause you being funny as hell right now."

"I'm not being funny. It's in walking distance to the beach too. Literally can see from out the windows."

"Shiiit, if you being serious, why wait then? Let's go tonight. I'll start packing right now."

"You being serious? You really wanna leave tonight?" She asked because she figured they'd just want to stay where they were for the night.

"Yes, bruh. I told you we're tired of sitting in this room. Been in Miami going on three days now and ain't seen the beach not one time."

"Ava, baby," she turned to her daughter. "It's late, so you wanna just stay here tonight?"

"No. I wanna leave tonight too, mommy."

"You know you don't have to agree with everything Marco says, right?"

"I know," Ava nodded her head. She says that, but Monie isn't sure if she believes her. Ava always agrees with any and everything Marco says. She's just glad he's not a bad influence on her. Well, besides the cussing, but Ava knows better than to repeat any of the bad words he says.

"It's late, but I guess if y'all wanna leave that bad then I don't see why not. I already got the keys and everything."

"Finally," Marco jumped up off of his bed and pulled on a pair of sweatpants over his basketball shorts. "I been itching to get out this damn hotel."

Monie didn't even bother taking a shower at the hotel- she didn't even change her clothes or take her makeup off before she had their stuffed packed into her rental car and was driving the less than thirty minutes to Kiara's condo.

"You're fucking lying," Marco was in complete and utter shock when they pulled up to a 30-floor building where their new- at least temporary- home would be.

"Marco if I tell you to stop cussing one more time I'm gonna pop you in yo mouth," she warned him, even though Ava was fast asleep in her booster seat and couldn't hear him.