5. Nightcap ♔

***************
| King of Hearts |
***************
By: Janae Destiny

*
*
*

The restaurant they had dinner at was right on the Miami River, and the view from their patio table was absolutely beautiful. Monie made sure to take pictures so that she could show Marco and Ava. She took pictures of her drink, her food, and especially the view of the river.

Monie was even taking pictures of herself outside of the restaurant after taking group pictures with the rest of the girls. She didn't know these girls from a can of paint, but they seemed genuine and she enjoyed hanging out with them, which does not happen very often for her.

"Type in your name," Chantal handed Monie her phone so she could tag her in her Instagram story when she posts later on. "Just follow yourself."

"It's Lovely_Moniee," she said as she typed it in on the phone and pressed the blue follow button.

She ended up getting the Instagram names and phone numbers of all the girls before they decided to part ways for the night.

"It was nice hanging out with y'all," Monie told the group, and she genuinely meant that.

She has a few friends back in Chicago, but they never really hung out much. And then there were friends from high school, and they're still cool, but they're just not as close as they used to be. Why? Well, because Monie was busy raising a baby and a pre-teen while they were all going off to college and living very normal young adult lives- a life she couldn't relate to.

Needless to say, it's been a while since she hung out like this, and she almost forgot how good it felt.

"It was nice hanging out with you too," Chantal gave her a little hug. "You're cool as hell Monie, for real. I'm glad you walked into our club."

"Me too," Monie sort of blushed. "I was nervous at first, but I'm glad I came. But I know y'all said you have stuff to do after this, so don't let me hold y'all."

"Good night girl. And text me if you ever wanna do something or go somewhere else. I know this whole city like the back of my hand."

"Oh, I'll definitely be doing that. Good night," she waved the three girls off as they made their way in the direction of the car they arrived in.

"Am I bringing you back home?" Kiara looked over at her sister now that it was just the three of them left outside of the restaurant. Monie, however, had stepped to the side to answer a phone call.

"Nope," Luna shook her head, her face down in her phone screen. "Rowan is on his way to pick me up. He's Like two seconds away."

"Y'all just met and he already picking you up from places?"

"I just got it like that sis," Luna smirked. "Don't be jealous."

"Oh trust me, I'm not."

And at that very same second, a sleek, all-black Ferrari Roma pulled up in front of the restaurant where the two were standing. Rowan parked the car and got out, making his way towards Luna.

"Good evening Luna," the 6'8 dark skin man leaned down and placed a kiss on her cheek.

"Hi, Rowan," she blushed, which is something Kiara isn't sure she's ever seen her sister do in the twenty-four years thé girl has been alive.