(part 1) The Accident

3rd person POV: Sun was just finishing up with cleaning the daycare when he heard Moon's bells from outside. Sun walked over to the doors and opened them, wondering what was wrong with his friend. "Moon? Is something the matter? I heard your bells from inside the dayca-" Moon ran towards Sun and picked him up. Moon ran into the daycare and quickly grabbed their extension cords before rushing out. "M-MOON!? WHATS GOING ON!? LET GO!" Moon didnt listen to Sun, he just kept running. "MOON! WHATS GOING ON!? TELL ME!!" Moon continued running and didn't even look back. "We have to leave right now Sun! Everyone's gone!" Sun was confused and scared. He held onto his friend and watched behind them. Sun squinted his eyes and looked closely at the daycare only to see it engulf in flames. Sun felt tears run down his face as everything around him went silent. Sun's vision started to blur until he realized that he was screaming and crying, reaching out to the daycare as Moon carried him towards the exit doors. Sun's hearing faded away and all he could hear was a long loud ringing in his head.

Once Sun regained his senses, he watched helplessly as Moon got to the exit doors and tossed him out of the building, only for himself to be blocked by ceiling boards. Sun's eyes widened and he tried to get up and run to help but he couldn't move. All he could do was watch and cry helplessly as his best friend and first love was trapped in a burning building that he couldn't escape.

"........."

"Sun....!"

"SUN!!"

Sun woke up to see Moon standing over his bed, worry spread all over his face. Sun sat up and looked at his surroundings to see that he was safe and in the daycare. Sun looked at Moon and sobbed. "Sun..hey..it's ok, you're ok..it was just a nightmare..that's all it was.." Sun hugged Moon tightly and pulled him onto his bed. "I-It was h-horrible.." Moon hugged Sun and rubbed his back to calm him down. "Shhh..it's ok..it's over now, you wanna talk about it?" Sun nodded and began telling Moon about his nightmare. Moon listened to Sun's every word while calming him down. Once Sun finished telling Moon about his nightmare, Moon gave Sun a moondrop and a stuffy to cuddle with. "It's ok Sunny, i'd never let any of that happen. And Freddy would definitely not let that happen to any of us, we're like family to each other, we'd never leave or forget any of us, you don't have to worry, you're safe..i promise" Sun smiled and nodded in affirmation before putting the moondrop in his mouth and laying back in bed. Moon smiled and sat beside Sun's bed until he fell asleep.

In the morning, Sun woke up to the bright sun shining in through the windows of the daycare. Sun sat up and got out of bed before climbing down into the daycare. Sun looked at a clipboard before sighing and decorating the daycare for a little boy's birthday party. Sun got balloons and streamers, along with little paper party hats and a big happy birthday sign all put out for the birthday party. Once Sun finished, he sat in a chair and rested his head in his hands. Sun closed his eyes for a few seconds and regretted it. Once Sun closed his eyes, all he could see was the daycare engulfing in flames. Sun quickly opened his eyes and began watching the daycare doors, waiting for the kids to arrive. The clock hit 8:00am and the daycare quickly got flooded with loud, energetic kids. Sun greeted all the kids and parents then got ready for loud kid games. Sun dragged Moon into the party too. The kids love seeing Moon, especially on birthday parties. Sun, Moon, and all the kids played until naptime. Naptime is normally at 12:00pm but since it was a child's birthday party, they had naptime at 12:30.

"Alright kiddos, time to settle down because it's naptime, go get your sleeping bags and pillows please" the children ran to the nap area and grabbed their sleeping bags then found a spot on the floor where they wanted to rest. Once all the kids were in a sleeping bag, ready to nap, Moon sang them all a lullaby and put all the children to sleep. Sun on the other hand was pacing, eating handfuls of sundrops to keep himself awake. Moon noticed what Sun was doing and quickly ran to him. Moon grabbed the sundrops from him and took his bag of sundrops to confiscate them from him. "Are you trying to make yourself sick!? Or worse, dead!? What the hell are you thinking Sun!?" Sun looked down at his slippers and didn't say a word. Moon sighed and walked back over to the sleeping children. Sun grabbed a sundrop from the security desk and ate it.