Chapter 7

Lilith's pov

~The next morning~

I barely got any sleep because I kept thinking of Spiderman. He sounded around my age, no older than 18. And he was very kind to me, but why? I felt as if I knew him but I couldn't put my finger on it. It was as if I knew him but I just shrugged the feeling off. I wanted to tell Peter and Ned what happened but I don't think I should because I didn't want to endanger them. When I got to school I saw Ned and Peter, but Peter seemed annoyed by something.

"Good morning", I said as I approached them.

"Morning Lily", Peter said.

The bell suddenly rang and we headed towards our first class of the day. As the day went on I could tell Peter was annoyed by something but I couldn't tell what. We finally got to lunch and I sat down with them but Peter seemed to be in a bad mood and wouldn't talk to us. We finally got to Gym class and Peter was in a better mood.

"Hi. I'm Captain America. Whether you're in the classroom or on the battlefield", the video started.

"Do you know him too?", I heard Ned whisper behind me as we watched the video.

"Yeah, we met", Peter whispered.

".....fitness can be the difference between success or failure", the video continued.

"I stole his shield", Peter whispered back.

"Today, my good friend, your gym teacher, will conduct the Captain America Fitness Challenge", the video finished.

"Thank you, Captain. Pretty sure this guy's a war criminal, but I have to show these videos. It's required by the state. Let's do it", Coach Wilson said as he blew his whistle.

I got in a pair with MJ to do sit-ups. While MJ sat on my feet and read a book I was doing sit-ups.

"Looking good Parker", Coach Wilson said as he pasted by Peter.

"Looking good Costello", Coach Wilson said as he pasted by me.

I looked at Peter and gave a smile and he returned it and went back to his sit-ups.

"You totally like him", MJ said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What, no I don't. Plus, I've only known him for barely a week", I said still doing sit-ups.

"I know, but that doesn't mean sparks can't fly. It's kinda like one of those cheesy romance novel, the new girl with no confidence whatsoever and the shy boy who is too dumb to get his feelings straight", she said as she put her book down.

"That's hurtful and secondly; I have no feeling for him at all, he's just my friend", I said as I stopped doing sit-ups.

"Peter knows Spider-man", Ned suddenly shouted out.

"No, I don't. No. I--I mean-", Peter said as he stood up.

"Their friends", Ned said.

"Yeah, like Coach Wilson and Captain America are friends. Heh", Flash said as he jumped down from the ropes.

"I've met him, yeah. A couple times. But it's, um, through the Stark internship. Mm-hm", Peter said.

"Yeah, well, I'm not really supposed to talk about it", Peter said as he turned to face Ned.

"Well, that's awesome. Hey, you know what? Maybe you should invite him to Liz's party. Right?", Flash said.

"Yeah, I'm having people over tonight. You're more than welcome to come", Liz said.

"Having a party?", Peter said.

"Yeah, it's gonna be dope. You should totally invite your personal friend Spider-Man", Flash said.

"Um.....", Peter said.

"It's okay. I know Peter's way too busy for parties anyways, so", Liz said.

"Come on. He'll be there. Right, Parker?", Flash said.

The bell suddenly rang and I headed towards Peter while Ned was talking to Peter.

"If any one of us has a chance with a senior girl, it's you", Ned said.

"Peter, Ned", I said and they both looked at me.

"Do you really know Spiderman?", I asked.

"Yeah, their really close", Ned said.

Peter looked as if he was about to murder Ned so I just kept quiet. 

"Yeah, he saved my life a couple of times and I've seen around the Stark Tower", Peter said nervously as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Awesome, so are you going to go to Liz's party, cause I definitely am", I asked.

"Y-yeah of course we are", he said pointing between him and Ned.

"Cool, I'll talk to you guys later. I have to go, bye", I said as I went to the locker room to change into my normal clothes.

When I was done changing I went to my last lessons of the day. The bell finally rang and I ran out of the school and made my way towards Stark Industries. As I entered Stark Industries I was given weird looks by everyone. I eventually found the lab but when I entered there was no one there.

"Please state your name and business", a Scottish accented voice said.

"AH!", I screamed as I fell backwards and knocked over a table.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you Lilith. I am F.R.I.D.A.Y, Tony's personal AI system. He told me to tell you that he has gone on vacation and that you can just take your suit. It is in the briefcase behind you", F.R.I.D.A.Y said.

I stood up and looked around until I finally found the briefcase she was talking about. 

I opened it and saw a blue outfit, with different shades of blue on it and a mask with white around the eyes

I opened it and saw a blue outfit, with different shades of blue on it and a mask with white around the eyes. Inside the case was a note, I picked it up and it read:

"Hope it fits, try to keep the kid out of trouble

Sincerely,

T.S"

"Thanks", I said aloud as I closed the case.