Chapter 9

"Oh, this must be where the ATM robbers got their stuff", Spider-Man whispered.

"Yeah, I wonder who else these weapons are sold to?", I said.

"I need something to stick up somebody. I'm not trying to shoot them back in time", the second guy said.

"I got antigrav climbers", the first guy said.

"Yo, climbers?", the second guy said interested.

Suddenly a yodelling themed ringtone started playing and I looked at Spider-Man and almost started to laugh.

"Okay, what the hell is that?", the first guy said.

"Did you set us up?", the third guy said as he pulled out a gun and pointed it at the second guy.

"Hey, hey, man", the second guy said in defence.

Spider-Man saw and jumped down and I sighed as I followed his lead.

"We're gonna die", I whispered to myself.

"Hey! Hey, come on. You gonna shoot at somebody, shoot at us", he said.

"All right", the third man said.

They didn't get a chance to shoot Spiderman because he shot a web and stole their guns. I ran towards the van as the first guy went inside. He came back out of the van and punched me in the face with some sort of weapon that pushed me away and I hit the bridge leg. Spider-Man came towards me to make sure I was okay while the other men got in the van and started it while the man who punched me laughed in victory.

"You okay?", Spider-Man asked helping me up.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. I've just never really done this before", I said. 

The van started to drive off and Spiderman quickly shot a web and was dragged with the web. I quickly flew up and followed the van as Spiderman was being shot at by the men. They saw me and started to aim at but I dodged all their attacks. Suddenly they turned the van and Spider-Man was driven straight into a mailbox made of brick.

"Ouch, you okay?" I asked slowing down.

"Yeah I'm good. You keep following them", he told me. 

I continued to follow them while Spider-Man shot a web at the other car door and it fell off.

"Great. Guess I'm gonna have to take a shortcut", he said and ran off.

I was about to swoop down and attack when suddenly I felt someone grab my wings. I looked up and saw a man with metal wings and he swopped down and grabbed Spiderman as well. 

"Surprise!", the man said.

He took us really high up over a lake.

"What the hell?", Spider-Man screamed trying to get the metal claws off his legs.

Spider-Man suddenly had a parachute come out of his back and he fell back to the ground. I looked at him them the man and managed to push his metal claws off my legs. I swooped down after Spider-Man but when I got to him I couldn't slow myself down and ended up crashing into him and getting tangled in the parachute. We fell into the water and I wasn't able to bring myself back, I closed my eyes when I suddenly felt myself being picked up by someone. I opened my eyes to see Spiderman and I being carried by Iron Man.

"Oh, hey", Spider-Man said.

He put us down by a playground and Spiderman sat on a dome while I stood next to him. I put a spell on both our faces so we couldn't know each other's identities.

"And then he just, like, swooped down like a monster and picked me up and put me like a thousand feet and just dropped me and-", stopped talking and looked at me.

"Uh, I'm, Ivory Wing", I say.

I awkwardly waved and he continued to talk to Tony.

(Tony is in bold, Peter is in Italic and Lilith's dialogue is normal)

"Anyway, how'd you find me? Did you put a tracker in my suit?"

"I put everything in your suit. Including this heater", Tony said as steam came out of his suit.

"Whoa! Whew, that's better. Thanks"

"Yeah thanks", I said as warm steam surrounded me.

"What were you both thinking?"

"The guy with the wings is obviously the source of the weapons. I gotta take him down"

"Take him down now, huh? Steady Crockett, there are people who handle this sort of thing"

"The Avengers?"

"The Avengers?" we say in unison.

"No, no, no. This is a little below their pay grade"

"Anyways, Mr Stark, you didn't have come all the way out here, we had that, we were fine"

"Oh I'm not", he pauses and the suit opens to reveal that its empty, "Here"

"Thank god this place has WIFI or you would be toast right now. Thank Ganesh while you're at it. Cheers. Look, forget the flying Vulture guy please"

"Why?"

"Why, because I said so! Sorry, I'm talking to teenagers. Stay close to the ground. Build up your game helping the little people, like that lady that bought you the churro. Can't you just be a friendly...............neighbourhood Spiderman? And you, you haven't even started fighting crime yet and you've already gotten yourself injured", the suit pointed to my wings.

"I'm fine, I luckily heal quickly"

"But I'm ready for more than that now"

The suit mask closed, "No, you're not"

"That is not what you thought when I took on Captain America"

"You took on Captain America?"

"Trust me kid, if Cap wanted to lay you out, he would've. Listen to me, if you guys come across these weapons, call Happy". We suddenly hear a car engine rev.

"Are you driving?"

"You know, it's never too early to start thinking about college. I got some pull at MIT. End call."

"No, I don't need to go to--"

"Mr Stark is no longer connected", the suit says and flies away.

"That's awesome"

End of Dialogue

I take my left wing in my hand and wince at the pain, I know they would probably be healed in the morning but it still hurt.

"Hey, are you okay?", Spiderman asked.

"Does it look like I'm okay?", I ask in sarcasm raising an eyebrow at him.

"No, I mean, I was just asking cause you-", I cut him off.

"I was kidding", I say.

"I guess I'll see you around", I say as I head home.

"Hey do you, um, need a ride to wherever you're going?", he asked.

"I'll be fine but thanks for the offer", I said as I walked towards my house.

"Uh, I don't mean to ask, but what was your name?", Spiderman asked.

"Ivory Wing", I said as I walked away.