Chapter 15

"Hey Amber. Should I tell Peter I'm Ivory Wing?"

"Peter?"

"Yeah. He's just a boy who goes to my school. And I think I may have a crush on him. He's just so nice and kind and he always puts others needs before himself."

"What's stopping you?"

"What if he thinks I'm someone else, like Liz? He would be so disappointed."

"Well, if I were him, I wouldn't be disappointed."

"Thanks Amber. Hey, how long we been here anyways?"

"37 minutes."

"What?!"

"37 minutes? That's insane. I cannot take this anymore. I've got to-- I gotta get out of here."

Spider-Man jumped down from the storage unit and saw Ivory Wing running towards him.

"Did you know we've only been here for 37 minutes?" she said.

"I know. There's gotta be something in here we can use. Okay, let's see."

He started taking things out of the duffel bag and putting them aside as they were useless.

"Nope," he said as he put a round thing to the side.

"That's awesome," he said as he put one of Ultron's dummies' head aside.

He then pulled out the glowy thing and looked at it in awe.

"Oh. Hey it's the glowy thing."

"That glowy thing is an explosive Chitauri energy core," Karen said.

"You mean, we've been carrying around a bomb?" Peter said as he dropped it on the bag.

"It's a bomb?" Lily said rather panicked and backing away.

"It would require radiation to transform it into an explosive state ", Karen and Amber said.

He then pulled out his phone and tried to call Ned but there was no service.

"No, no, no," Peter said panicked as he and Lily ran out of the storage unit and went towards the door and tried to pried open again.

"Hey! Please! Please, somebody let us out! Hey! Karen, you have to help me override that time lock. Okay, Karen, lower the voltage and run it," he said.

"Trial unsuccessful," Karen said.

"Okay, we're just gonna have to try every sequence," Lily said.

Meanwhile back at the hotel, Ned and MJ were waiting for Peter and Lily to get back to their rooms as the Academic Decathlon was starting soon.

"Ned, Peter, we're going to be late. Come on, let's go," Liz said to Ned in his room.

"Okay. Uh, hold on, hold on," Ned said as he approached the bed and took the glowy thing and put it in his backpack.

"Lily, MJ, come on, you guys are gonna make us late," Liz said knocking on their door.

"Uh, Hang on, Lily............is, sick. Oh yes, terribly sick, there's vomit everywhere, on the walls, on the floor," MJ lied.

"Ew, TMI MJ. Well, I hope you get better Lily," Liz said.

"So do I ," MJ said too enthusiastically.

"Initiating trial 247," Karen said.

"It worked. It works", Peter said as the doors opened.

Spider-Man and Ivory Wing landed on a truck and hid themselves as they left.

"Please be sure all cell phones are turned off," the host of the Decathlon said.