Chapter 8

I took the case and went home. When I entered my house I made sure not to alert my parents of my presence.

"Hey honey, what's in the briefcase?", I heard mum say behind me.

"Just some files from work", I replied as I ran upstairs.

"Wait, I just wanted to tell you that you must be home no later than 11 p.m.", I heard my say as I closed my door.

"Okay, thanks mum!", I shouted back as I sighed in relief.

I locked my door, closed my curtains and made sure my balcony was locked. I opened the briefcase and took out the suit. I put it on and it was really baggy, it wasn't until I pressed the wing emblem on the middle. The suit then fit perfectly to my body. I was about to look in the mirror when some metal hands with spray cans started to spray my wings with silver paint. When they were done one of the hands gave me a card. It said:

"I thought silver looked better,

Sincerely,

T.S"

I chuckled at the note and looked in the mirror and I didn't look half bad. I took off the suit and the paint from my wings immediately came off. I put on a nice dress and did my hair nicely with light makeup. I got a backpack and put my suit inside just in case anything went wrong. I headed towards Peter's because his Aunt May offered to drive us there. When we got to Liz's place Peter started to have doubts.

"House party in the suburbs. Oh, I remember these. Kind of jealous", May said as we pulled up to Liz's.

"It'll be a night to remember", Ned said.

"Oh, ha-ha-ha", May laughed.

"Ned, some hats wear men. You wear that hat. Lily, you look gorgeous in that dress", May complimented.

"Yeah, it gives me confidence", Ned said.

"Thanks May", I said.

"This is a mistake. Hey, let's just go home", Peter said as he turned to May.

"Oh, Peter. I know. I know it's really hard, trying to fit in with all the changes your body's going through. It's flowering now", May said.

"Uh-huh," Peter replied softly.

I couldn't help but giggle a little when May said that.

"He's so stressed out lately", May said as she turned to us. 

"What helps with stress is a party", Ned said.

"With your awesome friends", I finished.

"We should go to the party", Ned said.

"Yeah, let's do it. I'm gonna go," Peter said as he got out of the car.

Me and Ned left the car and said goodbye to May. 

"Peter. Have fun, okay? Okay", May called.

"I will", Peter said.

"Bye May", me and Ned said waving.

When we got to the yard it was full of drunk teenagers and loud music.

"Dude, you have the suit, right?," I heard Ned ask.

"Yeah," I heard Peter reply.

"This is gonna change our lives", Ned whispered.

I just shook off the weird question and went inside the house and was instantly hit by the smell of alcohol and the hormones of teenagers. Peter and Ned kept on whispering amongst one another but I assumed it was boy stuff.

"Can't believe you're at this lame party", I heard MJ say as she stood in front of us.

"But you're here too", Ned pointed out.

"Am I?", MJ said as she bit into a piece of toast and walked away.

"Oh, my gosh. Hey, guys. Nice dress Lily, cool hat Ned," Liz said as she came towards us.

"Hi Liz," me and Ned said in unison.

"Hi Liz", Peter said nervously.

"I'm so happy you guys came. There's pizza and drinks. Help yourself", Liz said.

"What a great party", Peter said.

"Thanks", Liz said.

We suddenly heard a crash and then the sound of glass breaking.

"Oh I--. My parents will kill me if anything's broken. I gotta--", Liz said.

"Yeah", Peter said.

"Have fun", Liz said as she walked away.

"Bye", Ned said.

When I knew Liz was far away I had a huge smile on my face and I turned to Peter.

"OMG YOU LIKE LIZ!", I whisper shouted.

"Shhhhhhh, she'll hear you", Peter said as he blushed.

"Peter and Lizzy sittin in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G", I teased as he blushed harder.

"Penis Parker, what's up?", Flash said.

We turned and saw him at the DJ booth with a microphone in his hand.

"So where's your pal Spider-Man? Let me guess: In Canada with your imaginary girlfriend? That's not Spider-Man. That's just Ned in a red shirt. And I'm guessing your girlfriend is Lily?", Flash mocked while everyone laughed.

"Fuck off Flash", I shouted while raising my middle finger at him while people 'ooh'd at Flash for being flipped off by me.

"Come on Lily let's go", MJ said as she suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me away.

"Wait, is it cool if I hang with MJ?" I asked not wanting to ditch them as soon as we got there.

"It's fine", Peter said.

"Okay, bye guys", I waved as MJ pulled me towards the living room.

~A few hours later~

Me and MJ had been dancing and drinking for a while and I think MJ was getting a little bit drunk. I was leaning on a wall when suddenly MJ pulled me out of the house.

"Where are we going?", I asked.

"I'm taking us home, I'm tired", MJ said with a slur.

"Wow, I didn't know they put Vodka in the punch", I laughed.

We suddenly heard an explosion I decided to investigate. I told MJ I would be able to find my way home on my own and she left. I ran towards a nearby alley and changed into my suit and ran towards the source of the noise. When I got to the source I saw three guys with a van full of weapons. I hid on top of the bridge out of sight and listened in on their conversation.

"Whoo! Ha-ha-ha", one of them shouted as the explosion went off.

"Now, this is crafted from a reclaimed sub-Ultron arm straight from Sokovia", the first man said.

"Here. You try", he said trying to hand the second guy the gun like weapon.

"I wanted something low-key. Why are you trying to upsell me, man?", the second guy said as he took the weapon.

 "Okay, okay. I got what you need, all right?", the second man said reassuringly.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?", I heard someone whisper behind me.

I gasped quietly and covered my mouth and looked behind me and saw Spider-Man.

"I'm..........", I said quietly trying to think of some cover up name.

"Look, it doesn't matter. What you need to know is that you can trust me and I'm on your side", I whispered as I turned my focus back to the dealers.

"Okay, I got, uh, black-hole grenades, Chitauri railguns", the first guy listed off.

"You letting off shots in public now? Hurry up. Look, times are changing. We're the only ones selling these high-tech weapons", the third guy said.