Part 10~Aizawa

Standing on each other, the students set up their teams. Seiji wrapped the headband around their forehead, squirming a little as Momo supported their leg. Mei giggled as she pulled her goggles down, standing beside Tokoyami at the back.

All eyes were on them. The million point headband.

The buzzer went off and everyone was leaping for Seiji. Popping open a vial on their belt, Seiji made a blood bubble around them, forcing the others to stop early. Anyone who touched the bubble was forced to retreat as it turned to spikes and stretched out.

Mei gasped in wonder, following the flood of the blood around them. Tokoyami grew restless, the darkness making him stronger when a chill travelled up their spins. The blood began to freeze, making Seiji curse.

“Right, that was nice while it lasted but time to go. Now Mei!” Pulling the blood back, Seiji made an opening as Mei’s boats kicked into action, launching them into the sky. From above it was easy to see Todoroki’s team. Iida and Shoji held him up from behind while Tsu stood at the front, her tongue shooting out of her mouth.

Dark Shadow reacted first, batting away the frog’s tongue as the group began their descent. Seiji gripped a hold of the group, lifting their blood for a second and softening their fall. Bakugo was screeching from the side, blasting away from his team.

Momo spun the team around, hitting Bakugo away with a spear shooting out her shoulder. Sero grabbed the explosive boy, pulling him back before he could touch the ground. Seiji’s team was running once more. Tokoyami swiped from side to side, taking the headbands from the nearby teams and slinging them over Seiji’s neck.

Bakugo had gotten distracted, attacking a different team in revenge but that did little to stop Todoroki. The icy ground grew as Todoroki’s team charged forward, taking headbands left right and centre.

“Can’t you stop them?” Mei looked up at Seiji as they looked back. Their eyes drifted over the team, settling on the target. Raising their hand, Seiji locked eyes with Todoroki. Pulling at the blood, Seiji watched the team struggle to stay up. Tsu gritted her teeth, trying to move with little success.

For a second, Seiji panicked that they had done something wrong when Midnight questioned the action, only letting out a relieved sigh when they allowed it- providing Seiji didn’t force Tsu to drop Todoroki.

Getting as far away, Seiji never let their focus stop and kept Todoroki’s team unmoving.

Bakugo screamed as he jumped off the team, landing on the solid air. Growling, he punched through the air, ripping back his headbands as Sero pulled him back to the team.

Kirishima tried to deter Bakugo back to the million points but he was not listening. He wanted everything that team stole back.

Time was running out. The second Bakugo had gotten everything, he was shouting at the team to go after Seiji. Seiji gasped, barely dodging Bakugo’s attack as their focus was served.

Standing up with a new determination. Tsu led the charge after Seiji. Todoroki swiped his hand down, making a wall between Bakugo and Seiji. Momo gasped as she created a spear, handing it to Seiji who gulped.

Todoroki’s team charged forward, cornering Seiji’s team. Tsu’s tongue spat out, barely missing Seiji. Todoroki came from the other side, stealing the headband before Seiji could react.

“The million points!” Spinning their team around, Seiji reached out desperately, forcing Todoroki to stay still as they grabbed a headband in blind hope.

It wasn’t the million points.

Shaking their head, Seiji apologised to their team. The others seemed more amused, pointing at the scoreboard. “We’re third?”

Tokoyami smiled, patting Dark Shadow’s head, revealing the other headband. They had come third.

The teams gathered around, Seiji staring in confusion as Izuku appeared out of nowhere. “Where did you go?”

Izuku blinked, a smile on his face. “Oh, us? We just hid around the back and picked from the leftovers.” Izuku waved his hand innocently, stepping away from Seiji’s piercing gaze.

Turning their attention back to Midnight, the students learnt of the third and final task they had to complete. A series of head to heads. Izuku huffed as he saw his opponent, turning to Shinso. “May the best win?”

Nodding, Shinso shook Izuku’s hand, separating as the break commenced.

~~~

Yawning, Izuku took out his phone, fidgeting as he called the number. The phone rang and rang and the other person refused to answer. “Come on, Naoki. Don’t you dare ignore me?” Tapping his fingers impatiently, Izuku was about to hang up when something caught his attention.

“Hitoshi, you can’t just brainwash your classmates. They are your equal and if you want to become a hero you have to begin acting like one for a change.”

Peeking around the corner, Izuku narrowed his eyes at the group in front of him. Aizawa glared down at Shinso, the purple-haired boy rubbing his arm guiltily.

Present mic placed a hand on Aizawa’s shoulder, pulling him away slightly. “Shota, I think that’s enough. We should head back to the commenters’ box.” Slowly pulling Aizawa away, Present mic whispered to Shinso. “Don’t worry, we’ll talk about this later.”

Shinso looked down, his face darkening. “Yeah… Sure.” Sighing the second the heroes were out of earshot, Shinso leaned against the wall.

“That looked like fun.” Izuku smiled as he walked around the corner, watching Shinso jump in surprise. “He looked more judgemental of you than I’ve ever seen before and we’re done some pretty questionable stuff.”

Shinso looked down, a shameful expression on his face. “Yeah, that’s my dad.”

Choking, Izuku backed away, covering his mouth. “Seriously? I was right?”

“Adopted but he treats me like a real member of the family.”

Nudging Shinso, Izuku took a deep breath. “Guess I know that feeling.” Pausing, Izuku tilted his head towards Shinso. “Hey, Shinso, want to hear a story? It’s about a villainous child.”