Part 25~Bakugo

Gathering in the clearing, the class sat in silence. The tense aura raised with every passing moment. The forest fire continued raging in the background as the heroes and fire department did their best to put it out.

"This is shit," Bakugo announced sharply, curling over himself.

Iida gasped, spinning around. "Bakugo! Refrain from using such language in our presence!"

"It doesn't make any sense!"

The class froze, glancing at Bakugo in confusion.

"Why weren't they here?! Neither Shigaraki or Toga were here. That doesn't make any sense! Somethings wrong."

Raising his eyebrow, Sero hid his smile. "If I didn't know any better, I would say you were worried about them?"

"Of course not! I just think it's weird that for such a big attack, three of their top members were here. It doesn't make sense."

"What are you suggesting, Bakugo?" Aizawa walked into the group, integrate by the explosive blond's insight. "That this wasn't the LOV?"

"No, we know it was them from the flames. They've used that fire guy before and that guy who never wears a shirt was here too. But maybe... the LOV is factoring. If different fractions of the LOV are forming, it might be easier to take them on, especially if the three main players aren't with the majority of members."

“Three? Who’s the third?” Uraraka titled her head as Bakugo lowered his head, not answering.

"'That guy who never wears a shirt,'" Todoroki muttered, rubbing his chin.

Yaoyorozu glanced at him, tilting her head. "Did you say something Todoroki?"

"It's nothing just... Suzuki said something similar the other night. 'Nao is staying with us and he never wears a shirt,' or something like that. I was just wondering, what was the name of Suzuki's siblings? Tomo, Dai, Nao, Ami and To? Ignoring Tomo and Ami, don't those names seem familiar?"

Uraraka hummed, tapping her chin. She did not make the connection.

"Dai is Dabi," Todoroki whispered, his mind working faster than ever before. "Nao is Naoki, or as Bakugo called him, the guy who never wears a shirt and To is Toga."

"Isn't that a bit of a stretch," Uraraka asked, scratching the back of her neck. "I mean, it's Suzuki. He wouldn't know these villains and Toga took him hostage during the USJ. Plus, why would he kidnap Shinso. He cares too much about that boy."

Aoyama stayed quiet, his wind running. He wanted to say something as he kept glancing at Sero.

"I guess we'll never know. We haven't found Mineta, I doubt we'll find Suzuki or Shinso before it's too late." The class fell silent from Jiro's statement, making her wince. She hadn't meant it that bluntly.

"I guess not," Yaoyorozu agreed, wrapping an arm around Jiro's side. "At least they're together."

The class sighed, the heavy silence bearing on them as a strange sound began to draw closer. Flipping off the road, Toga spun to the centre of the group, panting heavily. "Don't arrest me! Need to know! Toshi! Zuku! Safe?!"

Toga threatened to collapse as the heroes jumped up, getting ready to attack Toga.

"Please, you can chuck me in jail later!" Toga took a deep breath, tightening her grip. "Just please, tell me they're okay!"

Yaoyorozu lifted her head, stepping forward. "Why do you care?"

Sighing, Toga rubbed her arm, choosing her words carefully. "Because... Because Zuku is my brother and I won't let the big boss hurt him or Toshi!" Toga's eyes shone in determination. "Now tell me! Are they safe?!"

"No," Sero stood up, his head lowered. "The LOV got them both. I saw it all. I couldn't do anything."

Toga gasped, her legs walling out from below her. "No... No!" Tears fell from her eyes as she collapsed. "You have to save him! I don't care that you're heroes and he's not! You have to save him! If you don't... AFO is going to kill Toshi!"

~~~

Groaning, Izuku pushed himself up, running a hand through his hair. "Where am I?" Taking a look around the darkroom, Izuku's eyes widened in shock. These was the cells at the bar where Mineta and Seiji were kept. Both heroes in training were missing, a different body resting in the back corner instead. "Toshi? Toshi, can you hear me?" Izuku cursed as he shuffled forward, falling on his broken arm. He had to bite his tongue to avoid screaming, pushing himself back up as he reached out to Shinso.

He struggled against the chains that were wrapped around his ankles, unable to touch Shinso.

"Toshi, please, wake up." Izuku wouldn't admit how terrified he was. "Toshi!"

Shinso stirred, groaning as he pushed himself up. He too had metal chains wrapped around his ankles but other than that, he seemed untouched.

"Toshi," Izuku smiled, relaxing as he watched Shinso. "You're okay, right?"

"Yeah, where are we?"

"The cells. I guess they finally got rid of Seiji and Mineta. It's our turn now." Izuku sighed, curling in on himself, clutching his arm to his chest. "I'm sorry. It's my fault."

"Zuku... You haven't done anything wrong." Shinso pulled himself across the gap, frowning when he realised he didn't have enough room to hug Izuku. "It's okay. I'm here." Shinso reached out, making Izuku smile. He laid down, keeping his arm lying on his chest as he interlinked his fingers with Shinso.

Izuku smiled. "I'm glad I got to know you Toshi and no matter what happens next, I'm not going down without a fight."

Shinso chuckled, pulling Izuku's hand close enough to kiss it. "Thank you, my protector."

Izuku flushed, turning away as Shinso blushed at his own actions.

"How sweet," Holding open the door, AFO glared down at the two boys. "It's disgusting how far you've fallen, Izuku. You're such a disappointment." Izuku flinched, lowering his head as AFO walked to the side. "You could have been great, instead you're weak and soft." Stepping close to Shinso, AFO grinned sadistically. "I guess I'm going to have to teach you a lesson before I punish you."

Shinso shook as AFO lowered his hand, gripping Shinso's forehead. Shinso screamed, kicking out his legs as he tried to pull away from AFO. Izuku's eyes widened as he fought against the chains. "No! Stop it! Stop it!"

AFO did not listen, worsening Shinso's pain instead.

"Please, leave him alone! Please!"