Part 11~Tsu

Stepping onto the stage, Izuku met Shinso’s eyes, a silent agreement between them. Present Mic’s excited voice drifted over the stadium. “The first match! With questionable fire practices, it’s Izuku Suzuki! Versus guy who hasn’t really done anything, Shinso Hitoshi!” Present mic started to announce the rules, missing the flinch that his original statement caused Shinso.

Present Mic knew exactly what Shinso had done but he was choosing to not say.

“Ready? Start!”

Shinso lifted his head, catching sight of Izuku as he ran forward. Fire burst from his side, raining down on the ground as Shinso rolled to the side. Shinso was up on his feet in a second, grabbing Izuku’s wrists and swinging him to the side.

Pushing off his foot, Izuku pushed his fists forward, hitting Shinso squarely in the cheek and making the boy fall to the ground. Shinso jumped back up, rubbing his cheek in annoyance. “You’re a better fighter than I thought you would be.”

“Same back at you but you’re not good enough.” Izuku swiped his foot along the ground, flames bursting up.

Shinso jumped back, rolling over and barely stopping before he fell out of the ring. “Is that a fact?”

“You know it-” Izuku stopped, his eyes becoming dull as his body slumped forward. Shinso sighed, shaking his head as he ordered Izuku to walk out of the ring.

The crowd was in shock, watching Izuku leave. Aizawa was not pleased.

Just as Izuku was about to cross the line, fire burst up his arm, stopping him from taking a step further. Izuku grinned, spinning back around as Shinso nodded and prepared himself. Charging forward, Izuku easily picked Shinso up and threw him across the line, winning the match.

Present mic announced Izuku’s win as he jumped down to Shinso’s side. “Good match?” Holding out his hand, Izuku smiled, pulling Shinso onto his feet.

“Good acting,” Shinso whispered back, frowning when he spotted the burn marks on Izuku’s arm. “You’re hurt.”

Shrugging, Izuku punched Shinso’s shoulder. “As long as I’m not shivering, I’m fine.”

“Come on, you should get those healed.” Grabbing Izuku’s wrist, Shinso started to drag him to the infirmary, missing the soft smile on Izuku’s face.

~~~

Standing on the stage, Tsu waited for the match to begin. The second Present Mic announced the beginning, she leapt out of the way. Mina spun around, her acid burning the ground and slowly boxing in Tsu.

Dashing forward, Mina almost hit Tsu who ducked out the way, her tongue whipping out and wrapping around Mina’s stomach, throwing her across the line. Present mic announced the win, the crowd cheering for the frog.

~~~

Bakugo gritted his teeth as he walked onto the stage. Sero stood opposite him, smirking as he stretched out his arms. The match did not last long. Sero was blasted across the line before he could even get one piece of tape out.

Kirishima and Tetsutetsu’s match had almost the exact opposite. Neither of them could get the other to quit, eventually collapsing at the same time.

~~~

Seiji took a deep breath. Kendo was waiting for them. They didn’t want to go onto the stage but they didn’t really have much of a choice.

Present Mic’s voice gritted against their ears, announcing the competitors. “We have the lady with the big hands, Itsuka Kendo! Versus the villain of 1A, Seiji Arisawa!”

Seiji’s eye twitched as they gritted their teeth.

“Start!”

Not wasting a second, Kendo charged forward, not getting within a metre of Seiji when they lifted her in the air. Seiji narrowed their eyes, walking Kendo to the edge of the ring. “I am sorry about this. You seem strong but I have a point to prove.” Gently laying Kendo down on the outside of the ring, Seiji turned away, hopping out of the stadium as the crowd launched into shouts- mostly of displeasure. “Just ignore them. They don’t matter.”

“Told you they didn’t care about you?”

Jumping, Seiji stared wide-eyed at the person before them. “Toga?”

~~~

Todoroki frowned, watching Momo disheartenedly dragging herself off the stage as Tokoyami was announced the winner of the short match. Stepping onto the stage, Todoroki met Shoji’s eyes. Present Mic announced the beginning of the match as Todoroki swung his arm forward, ice shooting around Shoji and lifting him off the ground.

The stadium was in shock as Todoroki sighed, walking up to the ice with an apology on his lips.

The last match, Iida vs Mei seemed more like a commercial than a battle that lasted way too long, boring the stadium while the pieces began to move behind the scenes.

Izuku grumbled as his phone rang. “What?”

“We’ve got her. And we’ve got a straggler.”

~~~

Izuku yawned as he walked back onto the stage. His mind kept going back to the phone call, the sense of relief that should have filled him was absent with the second part of the message he had been given.

Shaking his head, he turned his attention back to the match. Tsu gulped, standing up as the match began.

Touching the ground, Izuku burst into fire. Tsu yelped, jumping out of the way of the blaze. Izuku slid along the ground, Izuku jumped up and hit Tsu back, swiping her foot from under her and holding a flame close to her head.

Tsu announced her defeat as Izuku forced the force to simmer down, helping Tsu up. Just as Izuku went to leave, he walked past Bakugo who stepped onto the stage. Kirishima waited for him as the match began.

Izuku watched the match progress. Bakugo couldn’t simply blast Kirishima away, his quirk wouldn’t allow that. Yawning, Izuku slid down the wall and closed his eyes, only waking up from the loud explosion that echoed from the ring. Bakugo had finally broken through and beaten Kirishima.

Tokoyami walked on the stage as the little robots carried away Kirishima. Present Mic screamed excitedly, only pausing when Seiji didn’t walk out. A long pause stretched out, the crowd becoming restless.

After Midnight announced that Seiji was gone, Present mic announced that Tokoyami won by default. The whole event had sent the stadium into a state of unrest.

Perfect.