Part 21~Mandeley

Walking on the bus, Izuku shifted his eyes. "Toshi!" rushing up to Shinso's side, Izuku stole the seat beside him. "I miss you. Why haven't you come by the hang out recently?" Izuku tilted his head, trying to look into Shinso's shifting eyes.

Shinso rubbed his shoulders, turning away from Izuku. "Sorry, I've been very busy."

Izuku huffed, knowing Shinso wasn't saying something. "Fine but remember, you're stuck here with me for the next two weeks. I will find out eventually.” Izuku grinned, leaning against Shinso’s shoulder with a yawn.

Shinso bit his tongue, trying to not flinch away as Izuku laid down against his wound. So focused on not letting Izuku find out what Shiggaraki did and said, Shinso didn’t notice that they began moving or that Izuku had fallen asleep.

Cooing, Kaminari looked over the back of his seat, smirking. “You too are really cute, you know.”

Shinso blinked, glancing at Kaminari in confusion. “What?”

Mina giggled, hopping up as well. “You and Izuku, silly. It’s so obvious you two are together.”

Blushing, Shinso lowered his head, pulling his hood over his eyes. “We… we’re not together.”

Snorting, Mina smirked, poking Shinso’s nose. “I would believe you but, you’re a blushing mess and Izuku is clutching onto your arm while sleeping on your shoulder. The evidence fights against you.”

Shinso blushed more, slumping in his chair. This was apparently the wrong thing to do as Izuku grumbled in his sleep, tucking his knees close to his chest as he nuzzled further into Shinso’s side.

Mina and Kaminari laughed, turning away from the blushing mess that was currently Shinso. Shinso did not know what to do. He didn’t want to wake Izuku but… he was pressing against his wound and it was starting to become agony. Carefully wrapping his arm around Izuku, he subtly tried to push Izuku into his seat.

He was very unsuccessful. Izuku grumbled once more, grabbing Shinso in his sleep and changing their position. Izuku cornered Shinso at an angle against his seat, sleeping against his chest. Izuku refused to let go of Shinso’s arm, holding it in his hands and forcing it to stay draped over Izuku’s shoulders.

On the bright side, Izuku was no longer forcing Shinso to endure the agony of the wound. On the downside, Izuku was practically sitting in his lap and was holding his hand. Shinso wasn’t sure if his heart would make it the whole trip.

Kaminari and Mina were not making it any better.

Shinso slowly calmed down, letting his mind wander. Why was Izuku so tired anyway? …Oh… Right. Pausing, Shinso bit his tongue, a pang of sympathy hitting his heart. Izuku was like this last time Toga went missing.

Shinso wondered if Toga made it back to the LOV. Maybe she didn’t and he’s been worried. Sighing, Shinso had one thought bouncing through his head. He should have been there, regardless of Shiggaraki’s threat.

Wrapping his other arm around Izuku, Shinso began stroking Izuku’s arm, his thumb snagging at the long sleeve.

Was… was that…?

Gulping, Shinso held Izuku’s wrist tighter. He really should have been there.

~~~

Eventually, the bus pulled over, announcing a break. Shinso reluctantly looked at Izuku. Part of him wanted to leave him here to sleep, the other part of him was highly aware he stopped feeling his leg twenty minutes ago and was pretty sure they might die if he didn’t do anything. “Zuku? Time to wake up?”