Ch. 1 - OMEGA

꧁ 💥🖤🕯꧂

꧁ 💥🖤🕯꧂

Chapter One🦎 Omega 🦎

Chapter One
🦎 Omega 🦎

Beyond a wrought iron gate in the small Beacon Hills cemetery, a newly made headstone reads: Katherine Argent. A backhoe loader eased past before dropping a pile of dirt next to the grave.

Operating the loader from the center of the glass-encased cab was Isaac Lahey. With the grave digging nearly complete, he reached for the gear shift and glanced in the rear view mirror to back up.

He paused for a second, bringing his hand up to a dark bruise around his eye for a moment. He was about to get back to work as he looked through the glass before pausing again when he thought he saw something.

The sound of footsteps made Isaac turn the loader around a few times while he tried to see whatever was there. He turned the loader again, the lights illuminated one of the headstones and he could see a clawed hand wrapped around the side of it. "What the hell..." He mumbled as the clawed hand moved away and he turned the loader off as he glanced around.

All of the sudden something came running forward and Isaac was barely able to get a good look at it before it pushed the side of the load. He fell into the grave he was previously digging while the load fell on top of it. He glanced around, breathing heavily until something suddenly leaped onto the loader, rattling the machine.

It bound off just as quickly and Isaac tried to hold his breath, trying to halt his frightened gasp. Pulling himself back against the dirt wall of the grave, he listened. Strange, animal-like sounds come from nearby, a stream of feral growls becoming more and more urgent.

Gathering his courage, Isaac raised up, looking past the top of the grave at a nearby grave. A hunched over figure quickly digged and teared at the earth, pulling up a just buried casket. Isaac flinched at the urgent shrieks coming from the creature.

Pulling back into the darkness, he heard the cracking and smashing of wood, sounds of rending and tearing until the sounds stopped abruptly. Holding still, Isaac heard a low whimper before the sound of quick movement.