Ch. 33 - THE FOX AND THE WOLF

Nabina's outfit:

꧁ 💥🖤🕯꧂

Chapter Thirty-Three🦊 The Fox and The Wolf 🦊

🦊 The Fox and The Wolf 🦊

"This is everything non-lethal we could find." Allison says as Argent, Stilinski and Derek all follow her into Argent's office where Nabina stood. "Take all of it." Argent said. "What's the plan, here?" Stilinski asked, coming up to stand next to Allison. "Our best shot right now is for Derek to try to pick up Stiles' scent at Eichen House especially if he went through something stressful there." Argent explained.

"Should all five of us be going to the same place?" Stilinski asked and Argent looked over at Nabina and Allison. "Where else has Stiles been showing up?" He asked and Nabina pursed her lips, "The school and the hospital." She answered.

"Okay, hold on- we did this already. He disappeared, we started looking for him... then walked right into a trap at the hospital." Derek said, making them realize what he was getting at. "He's getting us to repeat the same moves."

"So, what do we do? Wait for him to come to us?" Allison asked and Nabina shook her head, "We can't. The Oni will go after him the second the sun goes down. Scott's working on that right now with Kira, but there's no telling how that'll take." She said, glancing around at all of them.

"That's the problem- we're all trying to out fox the Fox." Argent said, making them all look down. "Listen... I'll understand if anyone wants to back out." Stilinski said making them all look at him and Derek scoffed, "I won't be the first Wolf to run from a Fox." He said, grabbing a taser.

"Apparently, I'm carrying a lightsaber." Argent said, looking at Allison while Nabina furrowed her brows. "Dad, you, Derek and I hit Eichen House. Sheriff, Nabina, it's you guys in the hospital. We all meet in the school." Allison said and they nodded.

🦊

Stilinski sighed as the doors to the elevators closed, "You know what? I don't know how you guys do it. You're all so strong. You're fearless. Hell, you even manage to keep your grades up..." He said and Nabina chuckled. "Don't tell my mom but I'm failing Econ." She said and he nodded slightly, "Is that Coach's class?" He asked and she nodded.

"I'll have a talk with him." He said and she chuckled before taking a deep breath. "Hey, you okay?" He asked, looking over to see the troubled look on her face, making him press the emergency stop button.

"I'm not fearless, I'm terrified, actually. My boyfriend is in the hospital, my friend is being possessed... And I feel like I'm not doing enough. I can't do much with my magic because the one I keep being told is that I have to have someone with experience teach me and I can't get a hold of the only person who can teach me. I'm scared." She said before taking a deep breath, trying to keep calm.

Stilinski gently grabbed her arm, making her look at him. He smiled sadly at her before pulling her into a comforting hug making her hug him back. Almost immediately, a tear fell down her face as she took a deep breath.

"What's the one thing you want to do in life? After high school." He asked and Nabina furrowed her brows slightly as she thought for a moment. "I wanna help people who are in the same position I was. Tumors or cancer ruining their lives. Whether it's finding cures or... helping them through it all." She said and he smiled softly.

"Careful with finding a cure. The government will hate you." He said, making her laugh as a tear ran down her face. They pulled back but he still gently grabbed her shoulder as she wiped away her tears,

"Hey." He whispered, making her look at him, "You're gonna be okay." He said and she smiled and nodded slightly. He smiled softly at her and squeezed her shoulders and went to start the elevator again but his phone started buzzing making him pull it out.

"What is it?" She asked as a Digital Life System notification popped up on his screen. "Someone's breaking into my house..." He said, making her look at him wide eyed, "After Stiles started sleepwalking, I had some safety precautions put in- motion sensors, cameras..." He explained as he pulled up a video feed from one of the cameras.

"Is that his room?" She asked as Stilinski zoomed the camera in to see Stiles- or well- Void Stiles sitting on his bed, staring at the camera before waving slowly.

🦊

Nabina, Allison, Derek, Argent and Stilinski slowly and cautiously walked into Stiles' bedroom, looking around. "What is all this? What are these sticky notes for?" Argent asked, looking at a chess board. There were sticky notes on the pieces with names written on them. "This is what Stiles used to try and explain to me about... all of you." Stilinski said and Nabina walked over looking at the board, "Well, maybe it's a message from Stiles- the real Stiles." Allison suggested.

"Do you think there's any reason my name's on the king?" Derek asked, "You're heavily guarded... Though, I guess the alarming detail is that you're one move from being in checkmate." Stilinski said as they all looked at the board.

"It's not a message from Stiles- it's a threat from the Nogitsune." Argent said looking up at all of them, "He's at the loft. That's what he's trying to tell us. And he wants us to come there." He finished. "Night's falling..." Nabina said as she looked at the window. "This couldn't sound any more like a trap." Argent said and Stilinski shook his head, "I don't think it is..."

"I think your opinion might be slightly biased, Sheriff."

"Hear me out! What we're dealing with here is basically someone who lacks motive- no rhyme or reason, right?" Stilinski asked looking at Nabina and she nodded, "Meaning what?" Argent asked. "Our enemy is not a killer... It's a trickster. The killing is just a by-product." Stilinski said.

"If you're trying to say it won't kill us, I'm not feeling too confident about that..." Derek said and Nabina shook her head, getting what Stilinski was saying. "No, it wont. The Nogitsune is a trickster spirit, it wants irony. It wants a joke." She said looking over at Stilinsk who nodded, "All we need to do is come up with a new punchline."

"The sun is setting, Sheriff... What do you have in mind?"