Ch. 22 - THE OVERLOOKED

Nabina's outfit:

꧁ 💥🖤🕯꧂

Chapter Twenty-Two⊚ The Overlooked ⊚

Chapter Twenty-Two
The Overlooked

Isaac and Nabina stood in the halls of the school, both of them looking down at their phones. All of the sudden all the lights started flickering making them look up and Nabina pursed her lips. "That time it wasn't my magic." Nabina said before Allison walked over to them.

"We can't get a hold of Derek or Scott." Isaac said and Nabina nodded slightly, "How's Lydia?" She asked and Allisom sighed. "She's got bruising on her neck. They're taking her to a hospital downtown because Beacon Memorial is being evacuated." She said and Isaac raised his eyebrows.

"The storm's that bad?" He asked and Allison nodded, "It will be. And I overheard an EMT saying the back-up generators might be too old to last if the power goes out." Allison said and Isaac furrowed his brows slightly. "Beacon Memorial... That's where Cora is, right?" Isaac asked as he looked at Nabina whose eyes widened slightly as she nodded.

"I'm taking the three of you home." Argent said as he walked up to them and Isaac shook his head. "No, we have to get to the hospital. We can't leave Cora there with just Peter." Isaac said as he grabbed Nabina's hand and they started walking down the hall making Argent sigh.

"Guys." He said, making Isaac and Nabina stop and look back, "I'll drive."

They pulled up to the hospital and quickly ran over to the doors, the rain instantly soaking them. "Looks like the evacuation's over." Argent said and Allison looked at Isaac, "Are you catching a scent?" She said and Isaac shook his head. "No, not with the rain this heavy." He said before they walked into the hospital.

They cautiously walked past the front desk before Argent cocked his gun making Nabina raise her eyebrows. "I'm gonna take that as a sign you're a little worried..." She said and he glanced at them, "Stay close to me." He said and Nabina took a deep breath, remembering all the important spells she learned over the summer. Isaac glanced around for a moment before stopping, "I think I heard something." He said, making them look at him.

"Where?" Allison asked and Isaac looked at the ground, "Below us." He said before lowering to the ground, focusing his hearing. "Come on." Argent said after a moment making Isaac stand up and they continued walking down the halls.

They were about to come up to a corner but someone suddenly rounded the corner making them jump while Argent raised his gun. They sighed in relief when they saw it was just Scott with Melissa and Saanvi behind him.

"So, they're essentially trapped?" Argent asked as they walked into an operating room, "Yeah. Right." Scott said and Isaac furrowed his brows. "There's no way of getting them out without turning the power back on." He said and Melissa shook her head slightly, "But wait, wait, wait- if the power's back on, they're gonna hear the elevator moving, right?" She asked and Saavni shook her head.

"They would be on Jennifer and Derek as soon as the elevator stops." She said and Scott nodded in agreement, "We can't get in a fight with them." He said and Argent glanced at Allison. "You've got us now." He said and Scott quickly shook his head, "It's too much to risk! They want her dead, and if she dies, there's nothing we can do for Stiles' dad or Cora." Scott said and Argent frowned slightly.

"I don't even think I know which teacher this is..." He said and before anyone could say anything Isaac spoke up, "She's-she's the one with the brown hair? She's kind of hot?" He said making everyone look at him weird. Nabina turned to him and tilted her head as she raised her eyebrows, making his eyes widened. "No, it's jus- just an observation... Not as hot as you..." He said and Nabina hummed and nodded.

"I'll remember that."

"Guys, we have to figure something out." Scott said before Allison noticed Nabina staring at Allison's shoes in thought. "What is it?" She asked, making Nabina look up at her, "How well can you run in wedges?"

A little while later Isaac and Nabina sat in the car with Allison on a video call. "You ready?" Allison asked and Nabina gave her an okay sign while Isaac nodded, "Yeah." He said and Allison raised her eyebrows. "You're not nervous, are you?" She asked,
"Do I look nervous?" He asked, making Nabina and Allison look at each other for a moment before they both shook their heads.

"No, not at all." Nabina said and Allison nodded in agreement before setting her phone on the ground, stepping out of frame. "Do they look nervous?" They heard Argent asked, "Nabina's fine, Isaac looks terrified." Allison said, making Nabina chuckle quietly as she looked over at Isaac who looked offended.

"Yeah, I can still hear you... very, very clearly..." He trailed off making Allison crouch down in front of her phone, "Just go as soon as you see them, okay?" Allison asked and Isaac nodded. "Yeah, yeah, I got it." He said before looking at his girlfriend, "Do I actually look terrified?" He asked and she shook his head. "No." She said and he sighed, "You know I can hear your heartbeat, right?" He asked, making her smile at him as she grabbed his hand, intertwining their fingers.

"Just be glad we have the easy job." Nabina said and Isaac raised his eyebrows slightly, "Somehow that doesn't make me feel better." He said and Nabina sighed softly. "Me either." She said, looking at the phone while Isaac gently squeezed her hand.

Not too long later they saw the twins run past the camera making Isaac quickly hand Nabina his phone before driving over to the garage. The doors of the ambulance are opened as Isaac and Nabina got out as Peter carried Cora out with Stiles behind him.

"All right, come on, come on, come on!" Isaac says but Stilespaused as he noticed something hanging on the door of the ambulance, a clipboard with forms on it. "Stiles, let's go!" Nabina said but Stiles made no movement. Realization crossed over his features before he quickly ran off, making Nabina and Isaac glance at each other confused.

"Stiles!" They both called out but Stiles ignored them as he ran back into the hospital.