|Chapter 1

✎ 𝙰𝚔𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒 𝙿𝙾𝚅

✎ 𝙰𝚔𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒 𝙿𝙾𝚅

The alarm did its usual devilish sound to wake me up from the dream of unicorns and cupcakes. Now I need to face the cries of agony and blood like everyday. Just wow! 

Why does night even end? Don't get me wrong, I do love to treat my patients, do surgeries and help them recover but at times... that red thing and feeling inner muscles isn't something you want to do always as if it is some chocolate mousse. 

"Akriti, are you awake? Don't tell me you went back to those old times or else-", I roll my eyes at my mom's words. I am twenty six to cry out loud!

"That lazy bone can't do a thing properly. Why are you simply wasting your time?", my elder sister, Aanchal piped in. Yes, people this is how I get up every single day.

"To your grimace, I am up!", I yelled before checking the time. I still had two hours left to get ready and that is hell lot.

With my morning playlist, I complete my morning rituals and make my bed. After dressing myself in a beige kurta and jeans, I make my way towards the living room.

"Morning, dad", I sighed while jumping over the couch and starting to scroll over my Instagram feed. Nothing is interesting these days, or maybe... I am just too not bothered about it.

"Dad can I go to a week trip to Andaman with my friends? Its been a long time since I hung out with them", I am so anxious as he looked at me sideways from the newspaper.

"Why? Such kind of things aren't allowed under my roof, you know that right?", the glare was enough to make me roll my eyes.

I huffed opening a site which sells apartments in my phone.

"What are you looking at? Mom see here-", my sister devil had to yell out loud. "Why are you searching this, Akriti?", my dad furrowed his eyebrows curiously.

"As you guys won't let me do anything under this roof, I thought of changing the roof. I did enough savings to buy a one bedroom flat nearby", I shrugged my shoulders casually.

"The hell is wrong with you, girl? You can do such stupid antics at your husband's house not here. You need to delete your social media or else you will have even more of a bad influence", she shook her head in disappointment.

Disappointment, the word that I never wanted to be heard of me in this home. I sighed closing the tab and giving her fake smile that I understood her.

"Who is going to help me in making breakfast? Your Nintendo?", God, can I have a minute of rest? Seems like a no.

I settled down the plates on the dining table and everyone sat down to dig into some delicious paratha and kurma.

"Akriti beta, as you have finally completed your studies and the time is already too late. I guess we should do this", I guess I know where this is heading.

"What are you implying to say, dad?", I nervously asked. He is like a the dopple ganger of Hitler and I mean it.

"We are surfing through some ideal grooms for your marriage", that sounds like they are buying some hot wheels toys.

"But dad, I just completed my masters and want to work sometime. And marriage comes with responsibilities and I don't think I am ready for that... yet", I can literally feel my heart in my mouth. I even heard my mom drop the spoon, why so dramatic?

"Listen here, Akriti. We have done everything you always asked us to do", Oh Really!?

"For god sake you are already above the line for marriage, how many years do you need us to wait? In the entire family, girls of your age are already happy with two children. Don't bring another disgrace by-", my mom sternly warned.

"Or else what mom? I am done with the entire family controlling every move of mine. You asked for grades, you asked for medical seat, you asked for being 'sanskaari' and everything. I followed every single thing without a question", I hissed.

"But that is for your own good, beta", my dad whispered.

"No, that was for you to brag about to our relatives. I am fed up with this and I need at least a bit of freedom. I don't want you to decided whom I am going to spend my whole life with and end up being a robot grieving in remorse.

You can't just ask me to make babies with a stranger out of blue", that was it. I finally had to stand up for myself or else I will end up like all those females in the entire family.

"How dare you talk back to us", my elder sister was the one to cut the silence. I still can't get what is her problem with me. She has always treated me like a puppet, worse as trash.

"I am just voicing out my bottled up thoughts, di. At least give me sometime to think and analyze what I want in life", I sighed getting up from the table. None held me back as I left the house with my apron and bag.

I took a deep breath before walking into the casualty department. The receptionist passed me a small smile as I entered my consultation ward.

"You look like you just ate raw squid. What happened?", Chhavi, one of my clos friends and a cardiologist joked. She is extremely carefree and she knows how to lighten up the mood anytime.

"My parents are planning to hitch me", I groaned as I picked up my ledger book.

"I mean... if you continue being such a bimbo and dodge every handsome hunk who approached you, I am not surprised", she chuckled earning a hit on her head from me.

"You forgot that I am like this due to them, only? Give me an idea, you are my friend", I pouted. The only thing that melts her is my puppy eyes.

"You surely live in prison, Honey. Do one thing, just scare off all the grooms that come to see you and soon your birth givers will be worn out to continue searching", as if it was that easy.

"I don't know... they are so stubborn. Like they haven't let me even have a guy friend or touch someone's hand. Now they want me to romance some stranger guy who I don't know might even be an undercover serial killer.

The thing that I dread is that I literally can't touch a man without doing anything stupid in anxiety due to them", I snorted. She just laughed and patted my head.

"Don't worry, there is someone out there, who would get you out f the cocoon soon", she just smiled before going out.

Guess what... I need to wait an eternity now to have this happen in life.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

This is my first story from this account. 

I hope y'all like it and support me through the journey!