|Chapter 19

✎𝙰𝚊𝚔𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒 𝙿𝙾𝚅

✎𝙰𝚊𝚔𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚒 𝙿𝙾𝚅

A soft smile broke around the corners of lips as I remembered the only pleasurable moments I spent with this boy in my entire life comparing to now spending each minute in surprise and pleasantries.

As if I am living in an alternate universe which I sure hoped was true years back. Its funny how time not only heals but also teaches you the way to correct them so in fact you become a better human or maybe to be the worse too. Its how you perceive to change that matters in the rainbows of life.

The agonizing pain of past memories are just left with scars... elegantly littering the corners of the heart with now being painted with the colors of endearment by the same one who created them.

Our flourishing relationship isn't perfect at all but still it feels so perfect. Am I falling in love again? Hell yeah... with the same man with a better persona.

"Staring is a crime and I can file an FIR on you, my wife?", the deep voice that resonates from the calmness of ocean vibrates in my ears making me come back to the reality.

"Oh really, husband dear? Then what kind of punishment do I owe for such a massive crime?", I played along with a mockery look.

"And thus we settle for the punishment of.... tickling", before I could say anything his hands grazed the hem of my shirt which was mistakenly rolled over the top and started to move his fingers sending sparks of laughter from me.

His eyes glinted in delight seeing me laugh not so elegantly and flaying my hands to let him retreat his. His amusing chuckle and my whiny laughs filled the room as the eerie sun rays shook its head in merry at the scene early in the morning.

*****

"Good morning, Miss. Marwaha", a tender lady with a large bump, I reckon came here for her entire first pregnancy beamed at me before I gestured her to take a seat.

"Morning, its Mrs. Agnihotri now and also congratulations on your... second child?", I asked uncertainly to which she nodded in agreement.

"How have you been throughout till now? I guess its second trimester?", I asked while surfing through her scanning reports from the past few months. I once joked at her to come to me again for the second one or else I might charge more but she was away probably and hence came now.

"No, its third and its been smooth all the while and I feel even more energetic", she lovingly stroked her swollen belly making me smile a bit.

"Lets see how the little one is doing, shall we?", she followed me to the bed and laid down. After doing necessary PV to check whether the cervix is ripened enough for birth or not, I started touching the sides and asked her about the movement.

My face started to lose color slowly but I tried to maintain my composure.

"Did..didn't the doctor you consulted before tell you anything about the baby's health?", I asked worried.

"They said it was doing pretty well... why? Even the blood tests seemed fine for them", her eyes filled with curiosity.

I shook my head to avoid the negative thoughts that tried to creep in and put up with a forced smile. I called the father and stared at both of them as words didn't formulate to express my worry about the baby now.

"I am... afraid to say this Mr. Agarwal that I don't feel the baby is fully grown for what it should be for seven month old and I don't know why the doctors didn't recommend some more vitamins and informed about this but...", she looked petrified at the revelation.

"We can try to protect it... We can do as much as we can and we should well leave the rest to the almighty", I sighed without facing their pained expressions. I just can't see it properly after being guilty of saying all this but they should know as it would affect both mother and child even more.

"Please don't panic and stress, I will prescribe some more supplements like Omega-3 fatty acids and Choline along with iron and folic acid. Please don't go for long trips and try to stretch your legs if it is really important to do so.

Don't lift heavy weights and try to rest as much as possible and don't forget to keep your diet healthy with mental health into consideration.

Try reading some peaceful books and listen to soft music to reduce pressure or stress and visit us once in every two weeks. Everything will be fine by then", hopefully I assured them even though I knew it had low chances but that would affect the couple even more and as a doctor it was my duty to say this.

They thanked me and left a bit relieved while I sat with this unsettling feeling at the pit of my stomach. I shook my head and concentrated on my next patient.

After an extremely exhausting day, I was happy again to get back to my bed and have a blissful doze of sleep but there... when was my life ever so peaceful again?

As I opened the door to our penthouse, a strong scent of liquor mixed with snacks hit my nostrils nauseating me for a few moments.

"Let me drop some spiders for this Halloween in the house and then this idiot will understand", I muttered to myself before taking baby steps inside.

I could hear some yells from the living room as I took off my shoes in the portico. Aadrik was there playing video games with his gang of friends as a few female ones chatted at the other end.

Yay my anti-social life!

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Read • Vote • Comment• Share

HOW WAS IT? A small chapter :(

Please leave a comment, that encourages me a lot to write more and better <3